Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what standard 40 bolt lip that bolts straight on to the Veilside Andrew Evolution 3 piece wheels?

·
Super Moderator
11,141 Posts
There isn't one.
They were made by SSR, but the valve stem inlet and a few other details were specific to the Veilside Andrew V. I'm assuming you're talking about an oldschool Andrew V because those were 40 bolt, while Andrew D's were 20 bolt and the Andrew Evolution V's were 30 bolt.

They were also a 'sandwich' style 3-pc meaning the centers were in between the lip and the barrel requiring two sealing beads to be done, instead of the lip and barrel bolting together for a single seam, and bolting the centers/faces of the wheels to the front or the rear of that assembly.

I've got a set of 18in Andrew V's that I basically got screwed on (worse condition than advertised, need a full rebuild) but depending on the size of the lip you need, if you just need a restorable lip we might be able to work something out.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There isn't one.
They were made by SSR, but the valve stem inlet and a few other details were specific to the Veilside Andrew V. I'm assuming you're talking about an oldschool Andrew V because those were 40 bolt, while Andrew D's were 20 bolt and the Andrew Evolution V's were 30 bolt.

They were also a 'sandwich' style 3-pc meaning the centers were in between the lip and the barrel requiring two sealing beads to be done, instead of the lip and barrel bolting together for a single seam, and bolting the centers/faces of the wheels to the front or the rear of that assembly.

I've got a set of 18in Andrew V's that I basically got screwed on (worse condition than advertised, need a full rebuild) but depending on the size of the lip you need, if you just need a restorable lip we might be able to work something out.
Hi, mine are the 3 piece wheels and they do have the 40 bolt its a earlier model 2002. Im looking for a (2) 19x7' Reverse Lips. If you can help me find a set I would appreciate you doing that for me.

·
Super Moderator
11,141 Posts
Hi, mine are the 3 piece wheels and they do have the 40 bolt its a earlier model 2002. Im looking for a (2) 19x7' Reverse Lips. If you can help me find a set I would appreciate you doing that for me.
All of the Veilside wheels were 3pc, there's just two different styles of 3pc wheel assembly :)

The best bet would be to send off one of your old barrels or lips (or a whole wheel) to one of the places that specializes in 3pc wheel rebuilds and is known to work on SSR's.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I've heard the same, but I don't know of many others that offer custom lips. That was the main thing I wanted to get from them, but ended up getting lips and barrels sourced from the person I had my wheels made by. Even they were having issues finding the parts, so I suspect it is a supply/demand thing and longer wait times should be expected especially now.

Reactions: Wreckless

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I've already contacted them and there's no luck with them. They stated that they are shortage in material and supplies and don't really know when they will be back in stock. After doing some research online I believe the Work Vs-xx will work with my wheels. I've also contacted VR, JDM Distro, Kodiak, and Sensei which I still had no luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts