Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1989 Supra (2nd owner) that has not been driven in 10+ years. I need to sell and would appreciate any help on what it's worth. I don't have the exact mileage but I can add it tomorrow. Probably around 100k. Very little visible rust but assume there is some. It's complete and unmodified. Interior is gray cloth and in fairly good condition but needs a thorough cleaning. It needed front suspension work when I stopped driving it.
IMG_0783.JPG
Also, the hood release cable broke so any advise on getting the hood open would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1987 MA71 R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
536 Posts
Hi Wayne,

We'd need a few more pictures and functionality of the car to be able to give a decent estimate. The car not being driven in 10+ years, does that mean it was never started and old gas was left in it, or does it mean you started it and moved it around the house time to time but left it alone otherwise?

Also, was it covered those years or left exposed? Any leaks in the spare tire area and inside rear fenders filling up with water? (common seal leaking problem)

Does it start and run, even badly, or is it dead in the water?

As for your hood, take a look at this thread: hood release doesnt work. need suggestions for operning.

·
Registered
902 Posts
it would suffice to say its a NON turbo car, manual

what part of the country are you in. look like it sat right there for 10 years.....

$1000 car

·
Registered
1987 MA71 R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
536 Posts
^^ He's in Raleigh NC. I agree, looks abandon in place as it sits.

·
Registered
902 Posts
its funny, if you just move it onto concrete and fill the tires, get some buffing compound and clean that car up inside and out and bam, maybe its worth double.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts