Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got a guy that might sell me 2 supras...one that was stolen and PROFESONALY striped.....ill post pics at the end...therefore there is NOTHING in it...it was a tt manual and the other one is one that was rolled however it still has a good solid running engine and tranny agian a tt manual what do u think is a fair price for the 2 of them and do u think it would be a fun time? haha thanks in advance guys

oh and i have been wanting a supra forever no i dont own one now so i would have alot to learn and a short time to learn it in

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
they took the headlights, they took the tails, they obviously took the wheels. professionally stripped makes me think they took everything...thus new engine, new transmission possibly new interior. its basically a supra shell. thats a lot of lil things to buy. hes getting close to the cost of a 'full' mkiv turbo, especially with install.

i sent you a PM, if you decide to get one of those and need some help, im up in your area sometimes, check your inbox.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
yeah guys they took EVEYRTHING everything including the wiring...the red car however still has everything in it and it still runs strong

if the deal goes through i will be getting BOTH cars..ill take everything from the rolled car and transplant it into the stripped car and i will be recieving these for around 5k for both of them

·
SFOT 4 Pit Bulls
978 Posts
anyone else like the sleeper look of the supra with 4 spares.. wonder why no one has dont that before.. gotta save a good amount of weight.. lol im kidding for anyone that couldnt tell..:D

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Those look like 16-17" spares. That's funny. :lol: But 5K for both would be a really good price. But I wouldn't think that the engines would be in either of them.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Id buy both for about 6k each and put the red cars parts etc... into the black one, as it looks very clean.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes the red one has been kept covered therefore the interior is good...the engine still runs strong and it DOES shift into all gears so thats a goood thing....yes everythin and i mean everything is in the red car...well othere then the headlight but u get what i am sayin...all the wiring ect ect only things i might have to get are some interior pieces that might have cracked like the pillars or something...thanks for the help so far guys

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
Well, what are your plans for these cars? Are you returning them to stock or attempting to convert one, if not both, into single turbo beasts? I ask because the price to restore the stock parts needed, plus the added expense of aftermarket parts and installation may not be worth the hassle and if you don't have the budget, it may be wiser to just save up for a good condition MKIV.

Joe

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LLCoolJ94 said:
Well, what are your plans for these cars? Are you returning them to stock or attempting to convert one, if not both, into single turbo beasts? I ask because the price to restore the stock parts needed, plus the added expense of aftermarket parts and installation may not be worth the hassle and if you don't have the budget, it may be wiser to just save up for a good condition MKIV.

Joe
my plan as of now is to take everything off the rolled one and get it in the good body as a stock tt...then after thats done ill go from there with aftermarket parts...as far as buying oem parts i shouldnt have to buy much other then a headlight so everything should be good...oh and as for spending money to do all this haha i am doing it myself :D

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
um why dont you just buy the stripped one, and then drop a TT engine in there, i doubt they jacked the tranny along with the engine. if they did it shouldn't cost too much to drop in a engine/tranny, quick set of stockers, and probably 5k more work inside.

Brett

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
neonafk said:
um why dont you just buy the stripped one, and then drop a TT engine in there, i doubt they jacked the tranny along with the engine. if they did it shouldn't cost too much to drop in a engine/tranny, quick set of stockers, and probably 5k more work inside.

Brett

ok read it agian....the red one.....HAS EVERYTHING... it has a working tt engine and a 6speed manual tranny...the black one had EVERYTHIGN stripped ever single wire every thing...therefore i take the red one and swap everything to the black one ;)

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
VeilsideTT said:
Let me know if you don't buy them. I will. :)
lol i told him the same thing...i need the black one badly (mine needs work and the black one would be perfect for what i need)

but the red one is all yours! :D

(of course if our atlanta friend doesnt get them both)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Black one looks like it has a pretty good size dent on the rear fender/quarter...

Sounds like a good deal though.. Just remember... selling it is going to be tuff..Doubt you'll ever get the money out that you'll end up putting in. Salvage titles suck.

Also heard a 2jz-gte swap isn't the easiest thing to do.. heard wiring is a MAJOR pain.. just heads up..

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SxySupraGrl said:
Black one looks like it has a pretty good size dent on the rear fender/quarter...

Sounds like a good deal though.. Just remember... selling it is going to be tuff..Doubt you'll ever get the money out that you'll end up putting in. Salvage titles suck.

Also heard a 2jz-gte swap isn't the easiest thing to do.. heard wiring is a MAJOR pain.. just heads up..

yeah i dont know what kind of title they have yet...still ahve to find out..and i wont sell it ill keep it hehe mucho power hehe

1 - 20 of 31 Posts