Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got the HG replaced and got the head back on, because i'm a lazy bastard.

But, along with smashing my finger, I can't seem to figure out the connections that snake through the intake manifold.

So i'm looking for some pictures of those connections, There's 4 that go to the transmission I believe, but the others I have no idea. If anyone has any pictures of the intake side of the engine, perferably with the surge tank off, that would do me wonders.

Thanks.

_Ian

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
ok going through the intake runners you have between 4 and 5 gap:

group of ground wires which get bolted to lower intake manifold
single black/blue wire with brown connector goes to starter
single clear wire goes to rear knock sensor
white connector with red and yellow wires goes to reverse lights
(if auto youll have two circle connectors which go towards tranny)
white/clear square connector which goes to speed sensor off tranny (connects around firewall)
brown two wire connector goes to rear vsv

between the 2 and 3 runners is:
clear wire with round connector for knock sensor
two wire brown connector for front vsv

i cant remember any other ones but i think i got most if not all of them

hope that helps

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Just a reminder, since U R there. Remember to properly "hang" your harness, so that it does not rest directly on the plenum.

After a BHG in my 87T, I ended up shorting a couple of wires which melted onto the plenum. Easy fix, but took forever to figure out the problem. Not to mention towing and other issues/costs incurred. Fixed it and fastened it up like it shoulda been and had no more issues with it. Good luck!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heh, 3P, Your is a bit more dustier than mine is but thanks a lot for the pics, helping out, if you have anymore, you can post them or email me them.

If you don't mind a newb questions for a sec, how should I go about hanging my harness so that it doesn't melt on the Plenum?

And... What's the Plenum? :ugh2:

_Ian

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
The plenum is the aluminum runners/piece that the harness runs thru.... Hanging it towards the rear of the intake, there's a spot where the normal (new) harness would connect to a tab. I used a ziptie to get it back on there and there are a couple of other places along the underside of the throttle body. You can follow the harness and see where it had (or may still have) the plastic fasteners that should be used.

If yours is easily acessible, I'd also cut open a couple of short pieces of heater hose (longwise) and fasten to the harness (so that if it does fall, it won't make direct contact).

·
90T
861 Posts
16 years of dust! Its all clean now though. :) You can order the wire clamps from Champion. There are 8 left (in all of Toyota land)! Or, you can zip tie them on the little posts if you are in a hurry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts