Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just purchased a V161 for my 94 supra. I am currently running
a USDM 2JZGTE engine/5speed, I have a US 6 speed differential and axles which I installed already along with the V161, I had a JDM driveshaft and it did not line up with the center support bracket it was longer. Please if you guys have any advice it would be strongly appreciated my car is sitting in the shop with a V161 installed with a US rear end and axles, with no driveshaft.

Thanks!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for help my friend its a 2 piece drive shaft that I have right now (JDM) I will measure and verify with those pics.

·
Registered
187 Posts
You have the 97+ JDM driveshaft that fits the small case differentials. That's why it wont fit.

·
1,752 Posts
You have the 97+ JDM driveshaft that fits the small case differentials. That's why it wont fit.
You may be correct.
Which driveshaft do I need and where can I find the correct one? Thanks
I think your best chance at getting the correct driveshaft is posting a WTB ad for a USDM 93-96 6 speed driveshaft.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think I'm a little confused. When the driveshaft is bolted to the trans does the center support bracket bolt to the frame or is it 3in away from being centered? OR when the driveshaft is bolted to the trans, the center support bracket bolts to the frame, and the tail of the driveshaft 3in short/long from the diff?

*Center bracket doesn't line up
or
*Tail of driveshaft to short/long

If the center bracket doesn't line up then there is something different with the front half of the driveshaft
or
If the the tail of the driveshaft is too long, then you have the jdm driveshaft for the small diff w/big flange. If it's too short then you may have a TT auto driveshaft.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a NA chassis with a GTE/w58. I'm going to be using the v160, jdm driveshaft, and GS400 diff. Since the gs400 diff is a small case and the 97+ jdm supra's use a small case, I opted for the jdm driveshaft. In theory it SHOULD all bolt together without a problem.

Next weekend when I install everything I'll report back to see if I have the same problem or not

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will put the car back on my lift and upload pictures, the tail shaft will have to have 3 inches cut for it to line up to the frame of the car where it bolts up. The rear shaft is too long to the differential. I measured the whole shaft from end to end its 45inches in total lenth 46 inches with the big differential bushing on it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Found the issue I needed a USDM 6 speed driveshaft, its installed and up and running thank everyone for your help

·
Registered
187 Posts
Good to know, just completed my v160, JDM 6sp driveshaft, and small case diff. Everything bolted up with no problems.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts