Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just installed the 9815 HU; using internal amp and factory speakers. However, I'm having heck of time adjusting the i-Personalize feature since I'm pretty new with stereo... :(
Can anyone suggest the best setting for all the modes(Time Correction, Crossover, Parametric EQ)? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

·
1,057 Posts
I do not have specific experience with that unit, if you are havin that much trouble, go to a local Alpine dealer and have them show you how to use the features.

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,185 Posts
I think i-Personalize is setup so you download a set of specs, based on your car's model/make, and you burn it to a cd. You then use that cd, and it loads into the headunit pre-programmed with a custom soundfield. ...I think.

Brian

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
brianb said:
I think i-Personalize is setup so you download a set of specs, based on your car's model/make, and you burn it to a cd. You then use that cd, and it loads into the headunit pre-programmed with a custom soundfield. ...I think.

Brian
I know what the i-Personalize is capable of; it's the setting data that I'm having trouble with. Especially the Crossover part... A friend of mine suggest to set the front and rear speakers to cut off at 80Hze, but since I have no idea what frequency could the stock speakers hold up to, inappropriate setting may damage the speakers?

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,185 Posts
Details, details, details.

Post what you're running so we can help you.

If you're running 4" up front, cross them over at 75hz. 5 1/4" @ 65hz, 6.5" @ 55hz.

For the rears, if you're running them, cross them over at 50/55hz.

If you're running subs, cross them over at 80/85hz or 100hz.

On the other hand, if you've got a component set up front, and you're using an external passive crossover, just set the front crossover on the headunit to off. Same with the rears.

I keep the crossovers on the front/rear OFF, and the non-fader lines off. I send a full signal to my amp's sub channel, which crosses over the subs @ 100hz. I send full front/rear signals to the amp, and I have the amp's crossovers off; I let the external crossovers deal with my front 6.5" and 3/4" tweet.

Brian

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
FYI www.alpine1.com has a time correction calculator on their website now, in the i-personalize section. You just measure how far your head is from each speaker, type those measurements in and it tells you what time correction you should use.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Details, details, details.

brianb said:
Post what you're running so we can help you.

If you're running 4" up front, cross them over at 75hz. 5 1/4" @ 65hz, 6.5" @ 55hz.

For the rears, if you're running them, cross them over at 50/55hz.

If you're running subs, cross them over at 80/85hz or 100hz.

On the other hand, if you've got a component set up front, and you're using an external passive crossover, just set the front crossover on the headunit to off. Same with the rears.

I keep the crossovers on the front/rear OFF, and the non-fader lines off. I send a full signal to my amp's sub channel, which crosses over the subs @ 100hz. I send full front/rear signals to the amp, and I have the amp's crossovers off; I let the external crossovers deal with my front 6.5" and 3/4" tweet.

Brian
Sorry I didn't make myself more clear. :p OK,I'm running Alpine 9815 with it's internal amp, and original stock speakers(which are 4.5" front and 6" rear I think?) without the 5x7 sub, that's all, no external amp, no aftermarket speaker nor subwoofer.

Below is my current setting, any better suggestion?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts