Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one from ebay and came without instructions.
1. Appears that I could install it using all the original gaskets and parts.
2. This would leave two pieces that came with it.
a: One flat square piece similiar size to gold colored top plate.
It also has the indentation the fits over the top of the
white piece.
b: Second piece is round and tapered on one side? Doesn't
appear to fit in the puzzle anywhere.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Email

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
c's is outa biz now and never used to come with english instructions..anyone read Japanese??If Bilingual in both english and Japanese- I got a full time well paying job for you! Just pm me and I'll fax you some english instructions on tuesday this week, I have an extra..

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NEADRyan,

I can fluently speak Japanese, and am a native English speaker (American). I can read Japanese fairly well, good enought to read destructions for the C's quick shifter etc.. So what we say 80,000 for start??? haha...

·
Registered
353 Posts
The round aluminum piece is the first piece to be installed. You MUST make sure the angled edge faces down. Next comes the factory gasket. The square aluminum piece installs between the the gold factory plate and the factory shifter base.

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
JDMSUPRA said:
NEADRyan,

I can fluently speak Japanese, and am a native English speaker (American). I can read Japanese fairly well, good enought to read destructions for the C's quick shifter etc.. So what we say 80,000 for start??? haha...
Check your mail.

Joe

·
Registered
678 Posts
Sal P. said:
The round aluminum piece is the first piece to be installed. You MUST make sure the angled edge faces down. Next comes the factory gasket. The square aluminum piece installs between the the gold factory plate and the factory shifter base.
Sal, do you mean the square aluminum piece goes right on top of the shifter fork?? How about the round O ring gasket? Did you reuse that?

I just installed my C's today. I resused all the gaskets from the stock shifter and when I screwed in the bolts for the shifter to the fork, they did not screw in. It was all loose. Then I realized that the C's came with black screws. However, when I compared them together, they were the same size and length. Did your screws bolt in tight? I only got two of the black screws installed right now.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sounds like you're on the right track. The screws that C's provides has only 2-3 threads of engagement and can be stripped fairly easily.

You may need to purchase longer screws, but make sure the head style remains the same. If you try and use a standard hex head bolt, it will contact the side of the shifter when in certain gears.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts