Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into my winter project being a custom fiberglass sub box. Can anyone help me out, I have no idea what I need or how to do it. What do I buy to make fiberglass? How in the world do I make it? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Crazy Member
281 Posts
Hey Bro,

I built a fiberglass and MDF box for the Supra myself also, I took alot of advice from my local stereo shop here, thankfully they were willing to give me the advice :) I took pictures all along the way. The setup sounds VERY sweet and houses 2 Alping type R 12" subs. AND THE TARGA STILL FITS. I will hope fully get a chance to put the thing up on the web in the next 2 - 3 weeks so if you can bear with the timing, hopefully this will help u out.

To start u off.... you need to buy BONDO MARINE FIBERGLASS RESIN, you will need about 2 one gallon cans. (they are blue cans and some auto supply stores and all boat stores can get it). Next you need to but Fiberglass MAT, the MAT is better than fiberglass cloth. You will need a sander, a saw, and a disc grinder is helpful. FINALLY YOU NEED AAAAALLLLOOOOTTTT of PATIENCE, and a gas mask :D :D

Regards,

-Bartel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts