Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I’m having an issue setting up my HKS SLD in my GS300 with aristo swap. I had a shop install an AEM Infinity 6 using a boomslang harness and they were not able to do away with the speed cut and suggested that I get an SLD. So I installed it myself on the boomslang patch harness using this image as my schematic which I double check each of the pin outs on this page. The problem I’m having is past 80mph the transmission disengages and the motor free revs, if I ease into the throttle it does the same thing.

I’ve checked the wiring at least a dozen times looked for alternate ways it should be wired in and it feels like I’m chasing my tail.

Does it matter that it’s wired to the patch harness and not the stock harness before the boomslang harness? I am open to any suggestions you guys might have, if you need more details don’t hesitate to ask. Thank You in advance, Clint

·
Boost-a-holic
555 Posts
I tried the HKS SLD type 2 on my JDM swap. It was problematic to say the least. the research I did basically said i needed a type 6 which is now discontinued. anyway, I ended up using a 40.00 generic KPH to MPH speedo converter that scales the speed sensor signal to 5/8ths...worked perfectly. It also converted all my instruments to MPH which is awesome.
depending on how you hook it up, you can convert specific systems in the car. I.E. cruise, spoiler control, odometer, speedometer, ecu, a/c, progressive power steering, etc.

On a side note, I have super rare Tom's TECS modified Aristo ECU for sale for 700.00 if you want it. Super rare, has modified fuel and timing curves, boost and speed cut removed, increased rev limit, and it's mapped for 1.1 bar.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys,
I’m having an issue setting up my HKS SLD in my GS300 with aristo swap. I had a shop install an AEM Infinity 6 using a boomslang harness and they were not able to do away with the speed cut and suggested that I get an SLD. So I installed it myself on the boomslang patch harness using this image as my schematic which I double check each of the pin outs on this page. The problem I’m having is past 80mph the transmission disengages and the motor free revs, if I ease into the throttle it does the same thing.

I’ve checked the wiring at least a dozen times looked for alternate ways it should be wired in and it feels like I’m chasing my tail.

Does it matter that it’s wired to the patch harness and not the stock harness before the boomslang harness? I am open to any suggestions you guys might have, if you need more details don’t hesitate to ask. Thank You in advance, Clint
did you ever figure out the issue? Mine is going the same but when it goes into 4th gear(aristo Tran) it goes free

1 - 5 of 5 Posts