Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been searching so hopefully I am not re asking a question, sorry if I am..

So I opened up the climate control to replace the 5 bulbs that go in that since 3 were burnt out. When I pulled the back cover off to get into the bulbs the metal square tab that connects the three wires to the back of the temp. knob came off.
The question is, is there anything that goes between the square cover with the 4 tabs that holds that 3 wires that goes to the back of the temp. knob on? I did not see anything else when it came apart. But now it is acting like my temp. knob does not change the temp at all. My ac and heat were working fine before I took it out to replace bulbs.
I took it to toyota and they were no help. They claim they have never seen anything like it before...? Only solution I can think of is something is missing to go under the square cover and the 3 wires that connect to the back of the knob? I can get pictures if that makes no sense.
Its for a 95 supra
Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have their climate contol unit out and willing to see if there is anything behind that square metal tab on the back of the temp knob? I am unable to find a diagram? I dont want to buy a whole climate control unit over this dumb issue..

·
Stock Twins King
4,439 Posts
Based on what I see, you can put this back together and bend down the tabs on the metal cap after you affix the the phenolic piece with the 3 wires. From what I see is the metal cap just came off. But send me another picture of the back side of the pot so I can see the carbon and wiper

1 - 7 of 7 Posts