Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a t3/t4 hybrid garrett turbo and I need help replacing it.

It came with a Blow off valve, a 40mm wastegate and a dump tube.

I know that the turbo is a straight swap, but I don't know how to install the three accessories.

please help!

·
Engine Geek
359 Posts
t3/t4 turbos are not a straight swap. even if it has a custom turbine housing to match the exhaust manifold the oil and water lines wont be a straight swap..... and the external wastegate wotn work with your manifold... you will need a custom one to use that..... and the dumptube may or may not work with that manifold.... a BOV require you to weld a flange onto your piping.... all of those parts require fabrication and supporting mods to work properly. you probably should have done some more research before you bought that stuff

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys... I guess you can't believe the seller on everything.... I guess I might take it to a professional, or re-sell it or something. I dunno

·
Engine Geek
359 Posts
if your turbo doesnt have an internal wastegate... i doubt it does... than you need to get a wasegate on there somewhere.... that is what controls boost. if you dont have it it will boost to 30 psi or more and then the motor goes boom. that adaptor doesnt have a wastegate flange on it, so you would most likely find it best to either switch the turbine housing to a internally wastegated one, or use a different exhaust manifold. the car already has a blow off valve so the other one isnt really necessary

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was looking on ebay and they have adapters that have what looks to me like a wastegate flange on it, I could just buy that as long as it fits my manifold and turbine housing right?

·
Definately NOT 1J
406 Posts
No, the designed for 3s engine were the manifold points the turbo down, if you fit it to the supra manifold, there is no room to place the turbo as its a face on direction.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bondango said:
No, the designed for 3s engine were the manifold points the turbo down, if you fit it to the supra manifold, there is no room to place the turbo as its a face on direction.
what??? the turbo on my car looks to be flat...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry.... I just want this turbo on cuz my stock one is burnin oil and I don't really want to sell this one and buy another

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
If it's burning oil, find someone with an upgraded CT or pay to have yours upgraded yourself. A T4 turbo setup w/ WG, dump tube, DP fabrication, IC pipe fabrication, etc etc requires a lot more knowledge on the subject than it appears you currently have. I'd stick with an upgraded stocker for now and do a lot more research and learn a LOT more before you attempt to go with anything bigger.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts