Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have 2 piston calipers in front cause the pre 95 jap spec twin turbo cars came with the smaller brakes found in the N/A U.S spec cars.
I am buying the front 4 piston calipers with slotted rotors U.S spec .
Can I move the 2piston calipers and rotors which I had in front to the rear ? cause I have single piston rears!

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
I doubt it, because the rotors in the rear need to accommodate the "drum type" parking brake and if I remeber correctly, the N/A brakes have the 2 pistons on the same side whereas the turbo rear calipers have opposing pistons.

Maybe Jeff Watson knows for sure, why don't you email him.

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input! Just sent J. Watson an e-mail regarding this!

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
Randy, when you find out, can you post it here or email me? I'm converting my brakes to TT-spec, and was concerned about the parking brake. Like... besides calipers and rotors swap, what else is involved? Thanks.

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No worries! Will post regarding tt brake conversion!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Ryan's correct on this one.....the front and rear brakes will need to be from a TT if you want the complete upgrade. The calipers
and rotors are an easy swap to the U.S. NA's....also make sure you get the correct hardware for the pads.

Jeff

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
Jeff, if I want TT brakes in the rear for my NA, would the parking brake assembly be the same?

In other words, besides TT rear calipers and rotors, what else do I need for the swap? Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts