Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my shop finally got my turbo installed. We finally got it up and started today, however, It is running way too rich. Has anyone who's gone vpc/afc with an obd1 nat care to help me out with getting this thing tuned. I have all the knobs set to 12 12 12 12 (0clock position) and the dipswitches in the inside are down up down up. At idle the car is just runing incredibly too rich. I'm running 440cc injectors and have a 440cc chip in my vpc. Help!

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
get a wideband or get on a dyno with wideband.

you can tune the "lo" setting and it will tune the base map. tune that to a 14.7 and then tune the "hi" setting based off of that map. ie: if your "lo" map is tuned to -10% and you want 7% correction, tune to -17% on the "hi" map.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Jargon said:
i was on a wideband....but not a dyno, ill will tell them about the lo tuning. thanks for the help.
make sure you tune the "lo" setting the same all the way across the board. Remeber, your main problem is the computer is running it rich all across the board, not one specific spot. It'd be almost impossible to tune the car nicely if you dont tune the whole "lo" map to the same setting.

actually, i dont know if you can modify the lo map point by point or if its just the whole thing, but if you need to lean it out by 10%, do it from 0-7,000rpms

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
I've used both the 440 chip and the 550 chip, and didn't see any real big difference between the two. However, the car should run great with just the 440cc chip and 440cc injectors. I ran that way (without a AFC) for over a year. Check to be sure the AFC is setup correctly (or just take it out of the loop completely to help diagnose the problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts