Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dusty, I need help!

My OEM stock radiator cracked and spilled coolant all over the place. I was thinking about buying the fluiddyne radiator. I was wondering if you can help me with picking out some parts and maybe suggestion about cooling a 94 automatic TT with a hybrid FMIC. ( my spal 13" fan was not working at the time. I gotta figure out what went wrong.)

my list so far.

Fluidyne Aluminum Radiator for 1993-98 Supra
Fluidyne Transmission Cooler

Powerhouse Racing Electric Fan Conversion for 1993-98 Supra

or the stock radiator fan and the spal 7.5" fan.

Also I'm a newbie in preparing for the install so if you know of any extra brackets and hoses I need please advise.

and
MVP Carbon Fiber Radiator Cooling Plate for 1993-98 Supra

Please recommend if the stock radiator fan and the spal fan is enough or if I need anything else. Thanks again. will place the order once everything is nice and thought out.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I read up on what is needed now.

Fluidyne Aluminum Radiator for 1993-98 Supra
Fluidyne Transmission Cooler
spal 7.5" fan
MVP Carbon Fiber Radiator Cooling Plate for 1993-98 Supra

Now the only question is where is the transmission cooler usually situated? and if any bracket or hoses needs to be fabricated or made to fix it. I know the space where the old SMIC used to be is still pretty free of obstruction or the other side also. Please get back to me because I'm anxious to get the radiator replaced. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Your list is complete. The only choice is if you want the PHR or AAP fan kit to clean up your engine bay and make it look a lot nicer.

For the transmission cooler, it is just the cooler you are purchasing. You will need to provide the hoses and ties, available at virtually any auto store in the world.

The "turn signal vent" is an excellent place to mount the transmission cooler, and definitely one of the most popular choices. It gets good air and like you said is currently unobstructed. I would highly consider that location.

Kind regards,

Dusty

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool Thanks, Dusty.

Was wondering if you have any oictures or skimatic of where the actual trimission cooler needs to be connected to. I placed the order via phone order already.

Bayard

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks RSA. question is where are those hoses connected to? Also is there a need for coolants in the transmission cooler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts