Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok , I had an SAFC on the car before on the twins and stock fuel and the car ran flawlessly.
Now I have the single on and put an SAFC back on it and its iffy.
Here are my problems.
From a roll or dead stopper when I mash on it, I get a lean spot where it will break up sometimes before 4k. Some mentioned the 12V mod to fix that.
But once it hits passed 4k or if I get lucky and it doesnt break up it pulls like crazy.
Issue #2. . . . when I am cruising and just decide to dump on it it goes super rich until the top end. Again when i go from a lower load roll or stopper it pulls fine and the way I tuned it.
I dunno if it has to do with load, or throttle settings or what, but Im befuddled and trying to get to the track tommorow.

Any suggestions?
I tried the throttle position settings at all kinds of diff settings and it doesnt seem to help.
How are people setting theirs up?

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
12v mod.. my friends car would do this.. I think the 12v kickover has to due with load as well.. you hit it it would go lean for 1-2 seconds.. its fine if you start low by the time you spool it will switch or wahtever.. but if you jumped on it near boost.. would go lean and could feel it pull timing.. i mean 15-16 lean then jump to 10.. its an idea.. we havn't gotten the wideband on the car to see if its fixed it..

ooh another weird thing.. if you jabbed the throttle bad it would work fine, but if hit it gently it would go lean.. i dunno.. weird..

·
Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar
519 Posts
You probably need to initailize it again since you switched turbos.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Hey Pete,

Its real easy to put the fuel pump in 12V. Just jump the wires at the check connector. Should take all of 5s to try that out. Might not be the problem, but rule it out.

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No need to reinitialize. I removed the SAFC a long time ago and ran EMU, I got sick of that and bought a totally new SAFC that I put in last week. Its just that it never did this on stock fuel with the twins with my other SAFC

I did the 12V mod and it didnt fix it. It still does it at wierd points. I wonder if it has to do with the throttle crossover.
BTW, 1.5 bar feels real nice on this thing. I bounced it off of 2 bar at part throttle too by accident. lol
Im hoping it doesnt rain tommorow. I would really like to crack into the 11's, but I have high hopes for some reason.

I just wonder if all the fuel changes I made, just need to be made on the dyno with a straight pull rather then doing it on the street like I usually do.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
PM-Performance said:
No need to reinitialize. I removed the SAFC a long time ago and ran EMU, I got sick of that and bought a totally new SAFC that I put in last week. Its just that it never did this on stock fuel with the twins with my other SAFC

I did the 12V mod and it didnt fix it. It still does it at wierd points. I wonder if it has to do with the throttle crossover.
BTW, 1.5 bar feels real nice on this thing. I bounced it off of 2 bar at part throttle too by accident. lol
Im hoping it doesnt rain tommorow. I would really like to crack into the 11's, but I have high hopes for some reason.

I just wonder if all the fuel changes I made, just need to be made on the dyno with a straight pull rather then doing it on the street like I usually do.
Dyno is the best place to get this thing tuned.
I recently got mine tuned and it runs flawlessly. NO 12 volt mod or anything . I am on twins though.

I had the car up to 7000 rpms and no sign of any breakups or anything...

I would say get to a dyno..don't think its an installation issue..

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its deff not an install issue. I can do these things in my sleep.
The thing that bothers me is I tuned it on like 3 pulls on the street on the twins. Now it doesnt seem to run as flawlessly.
Im gonna try and squeeze on the dyno this weekend. its gonna rain so no track this weekend

1 - 9 of 9 Posts