Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've sent my TRD wheel in to have a custom made F1 style with carbon accents. I'm planning on having the wheel made with black carbon and alcantara. The stitching will be a silver similar to the exterior color of the car and the custom cage, quicksilver.

I need to have my new recaro seats refinished to match the wheel. I want to do leather bolsters with alcantara center sections on the seats.

What I need help with is sourcing the best materials possible for this so I can have everything match. Leather, alcantara, and the stitching.

Any suggestions and input would be greatly appreciated. The company doing the wheel did offer to provide extra material but I just want to make sure I'm making the right decision based on looks and wear if anyone has experience with this.

Thanks!

·
I wanna go fast!
865 Posts
I find that Alcantara wears like crap on surfaces you touch with your skin frequently. I would recommend steering wheel leather if at all possible. If you're set on the Alcantara that's fine just keep in mind you may not be happy with it after putting your mit on it for a couple months.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man that's what the guys doing the steering wheel told me too. I have c63s amg edition one with alcantara on the wheel and it looks fine after 5k miles. I've read on their forums that there is a product that's made specifically for it to clean and fix the matting problems common with it. I love the look and feel of it and I honestly won't being putting more than a couple thousand miles a year on this car. Thanks for the input though. I'm not completely sold on the alcantara yet. I have a week or two to make up my mind...

I find that Alcantara wears like crap on surfaces you touch with your skin frequently. I would recommend steering wheel leather if at all possible. If you're set on the Alcantara that's fine just keep in mind you may not be happy with it after putting your mit on it for a couple months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts