Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone help with some of the intake manifold line routings? i found the thread with the pics but none of them work anymore. and i've also tried rick's place but its no help either.

http://www.geocities.com/jzsupraguy/DSC00699.JPG

the blue circle leads to this black box on the 1jz and I was wondering what it is. this pic doesn't show it as good as another pic i have but its on another computer. but if you want to see what i'm talking about, its on rick's place on the pic of his 1jz clip. I think it might be blocked off when doin the swap but i'm not 100% sure. Is this correct???

the green circle i think goes to t-connector which connects the boost pressure sensor and the heater valve... is this correct??? if so, is the heater valve located at the passenger side firewall?

lastly, the red circle, i was told goes to the BOV. where is the BOV???

also the pic doesn't show it but there a nipple for a 5/8" hose the comes out of the firewall right behind the intake manifold, what hose from the 1jz get connected to it? on my 1jz i have a hose that looks like it goes in there but its facing towards the driver side fender instead of the firewall... anyone know what I"m talking about?

·
Registered
288 Posts
The black canister is the fuel vapor canister. The VSV opens it up once the temperature comes up. It is the same as that huge round black one on the 7M motor.

On the green circle, it may run to the boost pressure sensor on the wheel well. This runs the boost computer and gauge. The other boost pressure sensor on the firewall is for the ECU and connects on the inside of the intake manifold through the check valve.

Lastly, the BOV is on the passenger side and is that big black EGR looking thing above the turbo's on the piping.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
you can use a block off plate,just run that vacume line to your new bov.it plugs in to the air tube pipe on the back of the head.the green one does go to the pressure sensor and heater valve(wich is on the passenger firewall youl see the heater hoses connected to it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts