Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided that my stock speakers aren't really cutting it and am going to shoot for the Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 6.5" speakers for the fronts. My only question is, what rear speakers would compliment my fronts from your experience?

I hear people using 6.5" in both front and rears, and some using 6x9 for the rears... anyone have a suggestion, I am relatively new to the audio scene, but know that my stock ones are horrid =P

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Go with CDT components up front with a 2 channel amp on them and then for the rear leave your stock speakers running off the headunit or if you're really concerned a cheap pair of 6x9 coaxials would do the trick but still off your head unit.

·
Mechanical Engineer
242 Posts
I would ditch the rears all together. Give those kappa perfects 100rms each and you'll never look back. Rear fill does more harm than good.

·
Registered
777 Posts
this is my system:

front speakers : Alpine Type R 6.5" splits (rated @ 50WRMS)
back speakers : stock
amp : 4*30WRMS, 2*80WRMS

so should i run the amp in bridged mode to give the splits 80WRMS each and leave the headunit to run the back speakers,

or just give all 4 speakers 30WRMS each?
would Type R splits be able to handle 80WRMS?

·
Previously Premier Panda
1,750 Posts
I run 6.5 Alpine Type Rs on a 1000watt Kenwood KAC-X520, and no rear speakers, I love it!

I am putting in two Kenwood subs (EXcelon KFC-XW1025dB 10in, asap) which will be running off a KAC-X810D 1600W Mono Amp. I tested my set-up out in a sound booth previously to purchasing my parts and it was exactly what I was looking for, however everyone has their own preference when it comes to sound, and every speaker sounds a little different to each and every person. You should go to a few local auto audio stores and try a few combinations on for yourself.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I will be installing Perfect 6.1 in the fronts too (getting it for a good price) and I was wondering what amp I can use to run it for a good price. I really like eclipse so I was considering the
EA3422 amp, which is 70wx4ch @2Ohms. are there any other amp recomendations w/ a price range of less than 200?

·
Mechanical Engineer
242 Posts
Methodical said:
I will be installing Perfect 6.1 in the fronts too (getting it for a good price) and I was wondering what amp I can use to run it for a good price. I really like eclipse so I was considering the
EA3422 amp, which is 70wx4ch @2Ohms. are there any other amp recomendations w/ a price range of less than 200?
70wx4 at 2 ohms isn't that bad. So, since the perfects are 4 ohms then you could run the amp at 140wx2 at 4 ohms.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If it is 70WRMS at 2 ohm it is going to be half that at 4ohm load. If I were you I would stay away from anything infinity. They are pretty unreliable and the sound is just...poor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
retrodrive said:
If it is 70WRMS at 2 ohm it is going to be half that at 4ohm load. If I were you I would stay away from anything infinity. They are pretty unreliable and the sound is just...poor.
Infinity component and coaxial speakers are not competition-type (IASCA, USACi, etc.) speakers (of course), but for the money, they do sound decent. But, they do have a higher failure rate.

But then again, there are other better quality choices that can be had for the same prices as well.

·
Mechanical Engineer
242 Posts
retrodrive said:
If you bridge two 70W channels at 2 ohms then you result is 140W at 4 ohms. That is more than enuff power. Unless you need the other channels for something else.

I have heard the reference components and they sounded crisp to me. Plus the installed they look really good. Just don't underpower then because you will turn your amp up into clipping then your SQ goes to hell.

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,185 Posts
In all seriousness...

Goto any local sound shop and listen to what they have on their sound boards. Bring some CDs, and sample what they have, then make your decision!

Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
brianb said:
In all seriousness...

Goto any local sound shop and listen to what they have on their sound boards. Bring some CDs, and sample what they have, then make your decision!

Brian
It may be me, but sound boards (generally at most car shops) give you a pretty basic idea of what the speaker will sound like. It may sound real clean in the sound rooms, but the results can drastically change when they actually install it in your car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts