Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm haveing a huge prob with my supra. a bunvh of warning lights have come on and are not going away. The master indicator light (triangle with !), TRAC OFF, and CHECK ENGINE lights are on. Also the O/D OFF light is flashing (i have a 94 TT Auto BPU).

I didn't know what to do so i pulled the neg cable and reset the ECU. About 100 miles later the lights came back on. Any idea how i can fix this? Please help

MODS:
hks intake
downpipe
hks super drager exhaust
Greddy profecb
hks fcd
hks turbo timer.
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "trac off", "!"(MIL), and check engine means that there is a malfuction in the EGR operation. Do you have an EGR block-off plate? If not, you probably just have a clogged egr. Just clean it or do the mod.

Chris
 

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
Joined
·
893 Posts
JZA802JZGTE said:
Hello everyone,

I'm haveing a huge prob with my supra. a bunvh of warning lights have come on and are not going away. The master indicator light (triangle with !), TRAC OFF, and CHECK ENGINE lights are on. Also the O/D OFF light is flashing (i have a 94 TT Auto BPU).

I didn't know what to do so i pulled the neg cable and reset the ECU. About 100 miles later the lights came back on. Any idea how i can fix this? Please help

MODS:
hks intake
downpipe
hks super drager exhaust
Greddy profecb
hks fcd
hks turbo timer.
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/engine_codes/obd1_codes.html

Pull the codes first and find out what the problem is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
346 Posts
DANKAHOLIK said:
The "trac off", "!"(MIL), and check engine means that there is a malfuction in the EGR operation. Do you have an EGR block-off plate? If not, you probably just have a clogged egr. Just clean it or do the mod.

Chris
How do you check to see if you have an EGR block-off plate? If the EGR is clogged, how do I clean it, or do the mod? Thanks!!
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: HELP WITH SUPRA...lots of warning lights

Euphoric said:


http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/engine_codes/obd1_codes.html

Pull the codes first and find out what the problem is.
I tried to get the codes off my car when i had the same problem and i tried to do the diagnosis but the check engine light KEPT blinking... i counted up to 200 then just stopped. Did i not hook up the terminals correctly or what?
 

·
Very Senior Member
Joined
·
9,963 Posts
Re: Re: Re: HELP WITH SUPRA...lots of warning lights

WannaBe TT! said:


I tried to get the codes off my car when i had the same problem and i tried to do the diagnosis but the check engine light KEPT blinking... i counted up to 200 then just stopped. Did i not hook up the terminals correctly or what?
I'm not sure if you are talking about the same thing mine did - when I had a MIL, the check engine light flashed the code, not the MIL. It was a 71 - egr.
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys, i'll try it. Any idea what the O/D OFF light is all about? Also anyone know where Mohd (2x tt) is?
 

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
Joined
·
893 Posts
Re: Re: Re: HELP WITH SUPRA...lots of warning lights

WannaBe TT! said:


I tried to get the codes off my car when i had the same problem and i tried to do the diagnosis but the check engine light KEPT blinking... i counted up to 200 then just stopped. Did i not hook up the terminals correctly or what?
If you did it right I doubt it went up to 200 straight. It should have blinked a certain number of times...paused... and blinked another number of times then repeated. You count the first set of numbers...pause...count the second set and put them together. So if 71 is the EGR it will blink 7 times.....pause... then one time.....pause then 7 again.. pause then one...and so on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
The N1 speed sensor failure can cause this. If you get an open circuit anywhere along the N1 sensor circuit then all of the described things happen. It is usually accompanied by a fault code 42 off the diagnosis thing. Mine transpired to be a chopped line going into my odometer. If yours is a J-spec or has had a KMH-MPH conversion carried out then thats where to look first.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top