Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in SW Michigan. Does anyone know of a shop that could help me dial in a MAP-ECU on a dyno in MI, IL, IN or OH? Sound Performance have very little experience with it and didn't seem to be very keen to help. Thanks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had GearHeadz in Toledo install and base tune my MAP-ECU.

Don does the tuning and you can have him either street tune or they have access to a Mustang Dyno just up the road a few miles from them if you want to have it dyno tuned.

Call Don at (419)474-5549

Not sure how far you are from Toledo, but they are on the North side of Toledo.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's 2.5 hours. Not bad at all. Thanks! Are you happy with the MAP-ECU? I am not only interested in improving performance but getting some extra fuel mileage. Did you notice any improvement in economy?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Since I had the MAP-ECU installed at the same time the rest of the BPU equip. I can't tell you if I feel a big difference with it.
I have had an experienced person with Supras drive it and he thought it felt like it spooled up sooner than his when it was BPU.
I personally like the adjustability options. I can have it tuned for different settings like high speed pulls, low end digs for the strip etc... And all I have to do is just plug in the lap top and change the fuel setting with a few clicks of the mousepad.
Also if you decide to run any nitrous for the intercooler or engine it will control when it comes on/off depeding on what setting you give it. And you have the ability to keep a close eye on AFR.
Basically it does more than I might ever use it for, but its nice to know I have options with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts