Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you people with singles, where are you getting all your pressure sources for VPC, Boost control, and BOV. I can't seem to find 2 or 3 good pressure sources that don't conflict. For example you don't want to T your VPC pressure source or your FPR pressure source. Pictures, discriptions, whatever you do to help me would be appreciated.
Thanks
Josh

·
3,148 Posts
I sent you an e-mail with the proper routing. I get my pressure source right off the compressor housing.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lonestar Dawg
Thanks for the suggestions, I will look at those sources tomorrow.

Steve
There is no pressure source on the compressor housing of the SP57. I had to tap into an intercooler pipe for that.

Thanks for the diagram, but I still would like to know how you got all your pressure sources.
I just remembered that you don't have a VPC, right? So you don't need an independent pressure source for that.
Thanks
Josh

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Did you install the EGR block-off plates? If so, like what was already mentioned, the 2 ports on the back of the intake manifold are ideal. I use 1 for the FPR (no t's), and the other for the BOV (no t's). As for the VPC press. sensor, there is another nipple on the side of the intake manifold just in front of the oil dipstick. I run a ~ 3 in. small diameter vacuum hose to it (no t's). MAKE SURE to secure that vacuum hose to the VPC. Mine blew off at 25 psi. I thought I blew the freakin motor. Went dead lean. Ran like shit too. If you do not have the egr plates, I would advise doing them. Hope this helps. You need to come up to Indy sometime and run with two other "single" guys.

Tim
'94 T-62 567 RWHP (soon to be SP70:D ) Cast manifold.
'91 Stealth TT

·
Registered
197 Posts
I had an idea today and was wondering if anyone has tried this: With the EGR plate in place on the back of the manifold, drill a hole through the center of it and tap it for a 1/8" npt nipple fitting. I looked at Home Depot tonight and the smallest fitting I saw was 1/4", with small or medium sized nipples. That size would work but its a little big. I am going to try the local auto parts stores this weekend.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the ideas!
I guess I'll be doing the EGR blockoff soon.
basupra
I'd love to come to indy sometime, F1 would be idea. Keep me posted if a bunch of supra peolpe want to go to the race.
Thanks
Josh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts