Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, whats going on, i got a quick question for everyone. If im looking at a supra and the first few digits of the vin number are JT2DD82A0V1, its a 97 limited edition, what does that tell me aboue the car. I know the 82 tells me its a turbo. I also think it is a targa roof, but what about the transmission. Is it automatic or manual? And if you can tell me anything else from looking at the vin number id appreciate it.
Thanks in advance for any help, and incase for anyone whos wondering why i want to know this, im on the dealer auctions, but this one supra doesn't have any pictures available, or not yet atleast, so i was trying to identify all its features.
Thanks again in advance for any help, appreciate it.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
I had found that link a while ago, and is it EVER wrong?
When I was looking for a tt supra, i checked the vin, and it had a 2, but the car was a na model, 97 limited edition also.
This makes me wonder is the limeted edition rated a 2 by mistake, or what?
Lemme go find the link

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Found another doing a quick search..
NA model with a 2 instead of 1
Nother

That is a quick search, perhaps all 97+ supra's(maybe 96's?) have a 2 in the VIN? Or, do you think both vins are mistakes?

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
It doesnt mean its a tt(from what I read) but everyone I read states that if the number is a 2 and not a 1, thats its a tt. It seems that most of the 97+ supra's(be it na or turbo) all have the 2, instead of the 1.
Just wondering what might be going on as both of these cars with the 2 instead of the 1 are NA

·
Big Member
707 Posts
the vin number system was different in 93-95. on those years the 7th number is the turbo number (2 for turbo, 1 for na)and on 96+ the 5th letter is the turbo one(e for turbo d for na).

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah if you look at that link the first guy had given me, theres two different sents of vin numbers. In one sed D, or E means its a tt or na, and in another set the 1 or 2 means its tt. I checked like 5 supras, and it seems from when i look at the 97 limited it goes by the D or E rule, not the 1 or 2. Look at that link the first guy had given me, theres two sets of different numbers there, probably for 2 different sets of years.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Got ya now!
Thanks for clearing that up guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts