Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Supra Dinosaur
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, Ive got a weird deal with my warning lights. My brake, taillight and battery warning lights stay on after the car is cranked. Im not getting any errors on the super monitor. Ive got the upgrades below. It seems Ive had this happen before and it was related to my AFC, but Ive checked the connections and found no problems.

Im not a newb and I checked the SEARCH.

??????

Jeff Graham

·
Supra Dinosaur
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the help. It wasn't the alternator, but actually one of the wires going to the alt. I took the Alt. off and hauled it up to Auto Zone. It tested good. When I was putting the thing back in I noticed that the black wire was broken!! Good news - diagnosis. Bad news - hard to fix. I cut off the plug and used crimp on plugs for now. All three lights are off!!! Ill start looking for a plug now.

My parts wanted thread:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4143529#post4143529

Jeff Graham

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am having the same thing happening to me. The warning light in the tach, rear tail light, battery light, trac light, and abs warning light turned on for me.

Also the tach and speedo stopped working for me. If it is the alternator... I was still able to make it the couple miles to my place even with electric fans humming.

No codes showed up either, I will check out the alternator and see whats up!

·
Supra Dinosaur
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check the wires on the plug in the back of the alternator. Thats where my break was. Alternator worked for a while, then dead battery. I have fans too. No codes showed up on mine either.

Good luck,
JG

Domino_2JZ said:
I am having the same thing happening to me. The warning light in the tach, rear tail light, battery light, trac light, and abs warning light turned on for me.

Also the tach and speedo stopped working for me. If it is the alternator... I was still able to make it the couple miles to my place even with electric fans humming.

No codes showed up either, I will check out the alternator and see whats up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts