Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently stationed in Iraq and the internet is really slow, i've searched but it takes 5 minutes to load up a page. I want to buy rims and was wondering if you guys can tell me if these rims would fit a stock TT? I want them to be even with the fender but i dont to roll my fenders or have them sticking out...help. Thanks.
P.S I do plan on lowering the car also. :ugh2:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=110003763289&ih=001&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

18x8.5 front / 18x9.5 rear
5x114.3 bolt pattern
20mm offset for front and rear

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
Jayr0071 said:
Thank you. What offset should i be looking for?
stock is 40mm offset i think, I think these rims might fit, as long as you didnt go any wider than about 265, you can camber the rear a bit to help guard clearance.

·
Car guy
803 Posts
I have Ruff wheels on my Supra. Not that exact style but both the front and backs had to be rolled. The front was more of a problem as it would hit the plastic if I turned the wheel all the way. I ended up using a heatgun to bend the plastic, now it's much better. I went with 255/35/18, if you use 245 I think it would fit fine. Overall I'm happy with my purchase, they look great, I get lots of compliments, they are dirt cheap and the rears have a huge lip. John

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
gmacrae said:
stock is 40mm offset i think, I think these rims might fit, as long as you didnt go any wider than about 265, you can camber the rear a bit to help guard clearance.
It's either +50 or 52, I can't remember.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jsantesson said:
I have Ruff wheels on my Supra. Not that exact style but both the front and backs had to be rolled. The front was more of a problem as it would hit the plastic if I turned the wheel all the way. I ended up using a heatgun to bend the plastic, now it's much better. I went with 255/35/18, if you use 245 I think it would fit fine. Overall I'm happy with my purchase, they look great, I get lots of compliments, they are dirt cheap and the rears have a huge lip. John
The rims you got are they the same size offset? Did you have to use any spacer or anything like that? Do you have a pic of your car with the rims? thankx

·
Stock Twins King
4,585 Posts
You can get away with an offset as low as 38, depending on tire size. If you go with 11's, then the off-set may grow a little, or as high as 55. OEM is 50 all around. Go to the FAQ section and use the Excel work sheet to plug in the #'s. Off-sets that are not near OEM will be either inside the fender line or outside the fender line, on the outside area. Then there is the issue with rubbing on the inside line. A little research will show you all of this.

·
TRNSFST
890 Posts
Yes, that fitment would be very very close, even with 255.

My rears are 18x11 +21 with 295 tire ~ but that's with some doluck 20mm flares, and it's damn close.

Auction's over anyway. Good thing you passed, unless you're ready to do some slight pulling.

Billy

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an offset of 44 on 10.5 on the rear with 285/35/18 but had to have the arches rolled for hard corners as it scubed the tyre slightly and had an offset of 36 on the front with no issues at all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts