Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
car doesnt like wot???

ever since last night my car when its in 4th gear and a i punch it it will not go Wot you hear the air suck in quick when you gun it in 4th the rpm /car accelerates exeteremlyl slowly this will also happen when i and just driving regular and have to gun it pass a car or somehting it willnt let me so i have to downshit to get the rpms up. the car idles runs mint and no check engine lgihts anyone have any ideas. .- and sometimes it seemslike it doesnt want to go into 4th when cruising?? does it soundlike my tranny is going or just a sensor or fuse went bad - cause in maun mode it pulls hard 1-3 maybe a bad tq converter?? maybe the cars not going into 12volt fuel pump mode? i dont know i need help ~

·
Registered
479 Posts
This may sound stupid, however have you check the throttle body? I had a friend who had the same problem. A metal cap from his intake got loose and was blocking the butterfly. We didn't notice it at all. CHeck everything until we pull off the intake. His filter was kinda old.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
evrything look right i even changed back to a different intake setup i am hoping its something like a vacuum hose or fuse ?? any one else have idea's - also what are the stall converter options for us na auto supra's? are there any perf. ones outt here for a good price

G

·
Brett,

Hey man!!! The only aftermarket stall that I know of for our cars is from suprastore. They say that it will lower your quarter mile time by .3-.5, so I'm guessing instead of being the stock 2200 stall, it's more lik 2800-3000.

Ryan

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,287 Posts
does that still lockup the same? or will it give worse gas mileage due to a different stall?

·
Registered
679 Posts
precision also sells one for the mkiv na... I believe its a stock unit that they rebuild for higher stall...

Hey brett i met this guy named Joe river at english town that rebuilds torque conv. His business name is PRO TORQUE and its located at 1440 church street, bohemia,new york 11716.
phone # 631-218-8700, I never did business with them beofre but he was a vendor at etown during the import show.
Maybe he can assis u with any questions or conv issues.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
4th gear in our cars is the stall converter right? Does a ahigher stall affect rpms when crusing whats the affect on this? cause i almost positive my stock tq/stall converter is shot but my tranny is still good thank god. anyone one have any inoput cause i am going to modift thestock tranns and add a higher stall converter then the ca will have no prob runing in the 13's

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
can anyone put any input in please Ineed to fix this asap .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts