Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys. To start off , you guys are the best, so much help. I have a question. I live in downtown LongBeach and currently have my car (89T) in a local shop. Im getting my heads done and all. I was wondering whats a good size for a metal gasket. I've looked around and dont understand thicknesses... I wanna push 350+ later. Is there also any place around my location where I can buy one and have it sent in cuple days?
Much appreciated, Thanks!

·
tire killer
437 Posts
you can get them from ebay or many other places. as for thickness anything from 1.2 mill -2.0millimeter. i would also highly reccomend that you use arp studs tightend to around 80 ftlbs.

-shane

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
it all depends on what your plans are. Changing the thickness of the gasket will change your compression ratio. I.E. 2.0 MM is going to drop your C/R, because it's thicker than stock, make sense?

Do a search on it, it used to come up alot as I recall.

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
the thickness of the gasket really doesn't have much to do, if anything, with what kind of power you're pushing. sure, you can use it to chance your CR, but it's not meant to do that. when the head and block are machined (lapped), ask the machinist how much material in total was removed, add that number to the thickness of the stock headgasket, and that's the size MHG you should get.

-shaeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts