Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Mine didn't shift out of first, when the speedo was missing. So if your speedo cable, or speedometer is broken, the ECT module doesn't get the output of the speedsensor there... and won't shift. I had to disconnect the ECT(passenger kick panel) and manually shift to get it home and reinstall the guage cluster with the speedometer. Once that was done, I reconnected the ECT and it was fine.

Beyond that, you could be slipping gears... check to make sure you have enough fluid, or TOO much fluid in the tranny. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
brs86supra said:
but could this cause the high rpm and no acceleration

Yes... When it happened to me, I was at 4500+ RPM and maybe going 30-35... burning out 1st gear. I may have maxed out at 45, while going downhill.

There's a section in the TRSM that tells you how to check for these specific symptoms... including pulling tranny codes and doing drive-ability tests with the ECT unplugged... U should probably try the TRSM troubleshooting steps 1st. Then tell us what you found.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.