Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my baby is acting up again.
luckily I had Heff with me and he helped me out. haha.

OKAY!
so I went to taco bell to meet up with Heff and shit.
We get done eating, go out to our cars to go get him some oil.
My car doesn't start.
Same thing as it was doing before I did my engine swap. It'll click over, but nothing.
It was doing this yesterday too.
Usually though, I'll be driving, and my car will shut off as I'm coming to a stop or something, and I thought it was the BOV, but I've tightened up several times, and it's still dying?
So, we push it out, and heff gives me a push and we combustion start it. It gets going, then looses power to my acceleration like it was doing with the old engine, which I thought was because of cracked hoses and shit. So it's running and I almost get out of the parking lot, then it dies again, and won't start again. We pull it off to the side, I keep trying to start it, and then it starts after trying it several times. So we go to go to schucks, and it looses acceleration just for a second, then it's fine till we get to schucks. We get there, heff goes in, and I let my turbo timer shut the car off, try to restart it, doesn't. I wait a bit, keep trying it, wait, then it starts again. So I go to take it home, dies coming out of the parking lot on the street, combustion start it, and it's fine till I get home. Now it won't start again. I'm sure it will if I go back out there.

Anyone have any ideas on what the HELL is happening?
Sorry for the long explanation.
and thank you heff for the help.

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
never had to push a MKIII up a hill... untill now holy fuck!

i told him to check his bat, but he's stuck up. :(

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can't be the battery. all my radio and stuff work.
would the alternator be shutting it off too though? Because they're obviously connected.....

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
uhhhhhhhh
it starts and runs fine now?!?!

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
thats what you said before i had to push you around :/ somethin is up with it man.

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
Check your grounds.. 7M's are a PITA about ALL the ground wires being properly hooked up. Especially the one on the underside of the intake manifold.

·
way over budget
664 Posts
MattOneDime said:
Check your grounds.. 7M's are a PITA about ALL the ground wires being properly hooked up. Especially the one on the underside of the intake manifold.
my first thoughts as well. My friends 87t was doing that exact same thing, the grounds under the intake were only hand tight.

·
Swing on deezz!!!
2,155 Posts
MattOneDime said:
No kidding...the older these cars are getting the mnore important all those grounds are...not just having them all bolted down...but even that they are in good condition. Even us MkIV guys and gals are bleeding electrons like crazy these days.

Mark

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,923 Posts
my sentra had similar symptoms. turned out to be a $30 coolant temp sensor. No check engine light, just ran like crap, stalled sometimes, wouldn't start, etc.

Maybe not the same problem you have but might check it out. Everybody thought it was my battery, alternator, fuel filter, etc.

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It just might be that, as I have some problems with my coolant hoses, and cap. My cap is cracked, and the coolant hose was lose...
Hmmmmm!
Thanks mike

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Djsupra came over today, we checked some engine codes, and it's the igniter ferrrrr sure.
One of the wires on it is lose, and is the problem. Glad I know exactly what it is now. Waiting on a new one...

·
Where's my turbo?
242 Posts
Yup yup. Hopefully the one you bought gets to you. In the meantime, is there anyone who has an igniter that would let kyle borrow it for like an hour max to ensure this is the problem? Just to see if his problem goes away (of course it's up to you kyle, if you want to borrow one...)

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
It could be a lot of things :) When my MKII did the same thing, it was the fuel pump. Anyway, I have an igniter.

--Ron

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll give you a call tomorrow Ron, if you're not busy I'll come over and see if it is the problem...
You're in everett right?

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Crappp.
I'll be in school.
I guess I'll just wait for the new one to come, I'm going to be gone tuesday-thursday.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey waz up yo?! How do you like my new rims!? How's the car coming along? Give me shout out if you need an extra hand.. I'm a bum on the weekdays..

·
Hayai Kuruma!
1,357 Posts
hmmm.... maybe u did it on purpose becoz u wanted to see Heffie pushing ur car up that dayam hill :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
boy and girls
got the igniter today
no mooooooo problems!
Rpm's are hooked back up too. :)
heff, we can go on a date now, and I can stomp your ass ferrrrrrr sure.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts