Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my baby is acting up again.
luckily I had Heff with me and he helped me out. haha.

OKAY!
so I went to taco bell to meet up with Heff and shit.
We get done eating, go out to our cars to go get him some oil.
My car doesn't start.
Same thing as it was doing before I did my engine swap. It'll click over, but nothing.
It was doing this yesterday too.
Usually though, I'll be driving, and my car will shut off as I'm coming to a stop or something, and I thought it was the BOV, but I've tightened up several times, and it's still dying?
So, we push it out, and heff gives me a push and we combustion start it. It gets going, then looses power to my acceleration like it was doing with the old engine, which I thought was because of cracked hoses and shit. So it's running and I almost get out of the parking lot, then it dies again, and won't start again. We pull it off to the side, I keep trying to start it, and then it starts after trying it several times. So we go to go to schucks, and it looses acceleration just for a second, then it's fine till we get to schucks. We get there, heff goes in, and I let my turbo timer shut the car off, try to restart it, doesn't. I wait a bit, keep trying it, wait, then it starts again. So I go to take it home, dies coming out of the parking lot on the street, combustion start it, and it's fine till I get home. Now it won't start again. I'm sure it will if I go back out there.

Anyone have any ideas on what the HELL is happening?
Sorry for the long explanation.
and thank you heff for the help.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Could be a loose ground somewhere. Thats just a guess but im sure someone will chime in and give more help

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's running again fine now?!
I dont knowwwwwww.

·
Registered
696 Posts
fiddle witht hte wires on the CPS and tap the black pice on the AFM. i know right now i have a bad AFM and i taped the black part and then it will run a lil bit better. i also had problems with the cps. it would be runnin fine then it died and would take forever to start. after about 5 houres if messin with everythign it starts up. i had my buddies cps and it ran 100%
so see if you can get one off some one else.
good luck
harry

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Checked the codes today guys, djsupra came over and helped me out.
got 12 and 14, and 43.
one is an rpm one because my rpm's are unhooked
the other two are both linked to my igniter, which as shitting ass wiring.
One of the wires on there is lose and is the problem.
Waiting for a new igniter...

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mustangman05 said:
i have an ignitor if you need it
I've got one comin that I bought from a guy off the forums awhile back, we've had problems with shipping, so hopefully it'll be here next week.
Thanks though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts