Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· 1989 Supra Turbo
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys got all done with my intercooler but something is wrong. It dies when it gets into higher rpms. I thought it might have been the ic piping is loose and bingo, it was so i retightened all of the ic pipes. But it didn't seem to fix the problem. Ill try to get pictures of the engine bay up in a few min.

thanks.

· Registered
478 Posts
maybe a vaccum leak somewhere.... i used the starter fluid spray to find mine.. jus start the car and spray around where you think the leaks are... if you notice your motor runnin a lil smoother then thats where your leak is

· Banned
5,915 Posts
Are you sure you installed it correctly?

That Intercooler hangs down too low for my comfort.

· 1989 Supra Turbo
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Um, wouldn't starter fluid start my engine on fire..

Degree, yea man its perfect and sits great, its just the intercooler itself gets wider or longer in the end, so the pipes off the bottom arent really straight. I have around a foot of clearance though.

· 1989 Supra Turbo
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol bov is not installed backwards but your right I needed to recirculate it, took it for a drive and its fine. But another problem now, my headlights and taillights work, but my fuckin dashlights basically just went out on me, they don't work and nothing is blown in the fuse box.

· Registered
657 Posts
That IC sits WAY too low.

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
Check your dimmer switch to see if it is turned down too low or not connected.
I hit the dimmer switch one time at night, and I was like WTFOMG where'd my gauges go...

The piping is making the fmic look like its low, try bending the mounts on the cooler so it rotates clockwise about 4-5 inches.

· 1989 Supra Turbo
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I might just bend the lower pipe some more to let you guys sleep calmly at night lol. Its definately not the dimmer switch, tried that like 20 times haha.

The ic sits like this. (picture is without front bumper)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.