Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i havent really done anything but paint so far.... i the next couple months i am going to start beafing it up though. i still have a charging problem so i have to figure out that problem first.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
ALWAYS liked your car. and it's black too. I love black A80s. only thing that could make it more perfect is if it's wingless. Is it? :D

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
That looks badass, love the color scheme, kinda gives me some ideas.
My 1J is all ugly lookin, mite try and make it look nicer soon after seeing yours :bigthumb:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well thanks guys. i didn't buy it w/ the bov block off plate, but i have my buddie making one for me. sorry but it does have a wing. if you like the paint color i mixed gm's 885k a little light and then did a tri coat w/ lilac pearl. hey i need a couple things if anyone can help me out. i need an safc2 a stock 1j map sensor for emission reasons, and a cheep used single set-up to get me through the next year

·
Former 1.5jz-Powered MKIV
649 Posts
Very nice...it has come a long way since "in-progress pics"...did you route your intercooler piping through the fender wall or isn't going straight down?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i went strait down w/ it. couple reasons 1st lazy. haha 2nd i couldn't seem to fit the 2 1/2 mandrel bend behind the fender correctly.

·
649 Posts
MKIV1jzswap said:
i went strait down w/ it. couple reasons 1st lazy. haha 2nd i couldn't seem to fit the 2 1/2 mandrel bend behind the fender correctly.

lol...yea I feel you on the lazyness, I did the same and went straight down, but your's looks alot cleaner(IMO) the way you routed, here's mines:

O yea, I never did say thanks for helping me out on my swap a couple of years ago, I was the one who kept e-mailing you on the swap, so Thanks....o and did you ever get your stock tach to work?

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
MKIV1jzswap said:
nope, or the speedo i didnt know you ever got your car running. we have a lot to talk about...
Get a room! :kiss: :gaysex:

lol. :p

·
649 Posts
OneJoeZee said:
Get a room! :kiss: :gaysex:

lol. :p

hey hey, calm youself down, I can drive over there and Bitchslap you!!! lol :biggrin:

Anyways, Dave, I'll e-mail and help you on the electrical, mines all worked and it took me while to figure out how to get the tach to work....

·
evil will always triumph
2,226 Posts
check the wires coming off the alt..... 2 of the 3 on mine broke off the other day causing my car not to charge but when those wires rubbed just right it would charge for a lil bit....

chris

·
Premium Member
6,637 Posts
VJ RC51 said:
sweet finally a MK4 worth driving!

you have got to be kidding! ita alright swap, but still, its a stock 1jz. if it was at least single or something, then it would be cool, but no lsd, 5spd no tq 1jz, in a boat.. i cant get down with that..

i still think its better than n/a. but 2jz over 1jz any day of the week..
dont worry i know i have had all 4 motors in my car..

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
I had no idea that there are mk4 guys swapping 1jz's into their cars. Im guessing they started their lives as n/a cars? Any reason as to why? Im guessing its because of a budget??? im confused. lol

·
649 Posts
NJsupraA70 said:
I had no idea that there are mk4 guys swapping 1jz's into their cars. Im guessing they started their lives as n/a cars? Any reason as to why? Im guessing its because of a budget??? im confused. lol

It has to do with budget too, but also it's a project car, and defintily the cars were N/A...I've owned an MK3 for a long time and when I got a chance to get an MK4 I jumped on it...Yes people look at you wierd because of your swap, but hey, we did something that most people wouldn't do or wouldn't dare do....it's fun tho, I'll tell you that(for me anyways)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Shitzu said:
It has to do with budget too, but also it's a project car, and defintily the cars were N/A...I've owned an MK3 for a long time and when I got a chance to get an MK4 I jumped on it...Yes people look at you wierd because of your swap, but hey, we did something that most people wouldn't do or wouldn't dare do....it's fun tho, I'll tell you that(for me anyways)
simply being an auto enthausiast.........good job. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i have had to explain my storry too many times to people w/ no imagination... i did it not because of budget but because i wanted to be the first person to try that swap. 2nd because after reading up on the 1jz i likked that motor beter. 3rd. not everyone has money pooring out of their pockets so i havent gotten the single turbo YET. and i do have lsd and a beafed tranny thanks for asking. sorry guys, it just gets old. i mean if it isnt a good motor than why are you in this thread?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts