Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Powdered Toast Man
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad had a spare oil cooler and I figured that I'd use this instead of shelling out $50. Where can I mount this thing? Would it be bad if I blocked about 1/4 of the intercooler? I am running stock boost. Here is a pic of it.

I feel uneasy about mounting it in my wheel well because my car is kinda low.

·
Powdered Toast Man
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry the pic is so huge. Next time i'll use a smaller one!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Strap it to the front of your rad with some tie straps. The thicker ones that lock in place.

·
Powdered Toast Man
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I'm guessing that if I put it on the radiator, then it won't affect the engine temp much? I was worried because I heard that the stock rad wasn't all that awesome.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
i had mine mounted behind the vent next to the turn signal infront of the aux fan on a bracket i made. i had a switched wired so i could turn on the fan for extra cooling. it worked decent back there but of course if you could get more air flowing thru it the better. now it is mounted where the condensor used to be.

dave

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
You don't want to put anything directly in front or behind the intercooler. Anywhere else it can get airflow will be fine.

That oil cooler looks almost exactly like the one on my car.

·
Powdered Toast Man
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. My pops was gonna use this on his MG Kit car which is fitted with a VW Engine but he decided to get a smaller one. I was gonna opt for the permacool unit with the fan, but I figured that the car is really only under heavy loads when the torque is high and by the time the torque gets up there, the tranny cooler should be getting enough air from the velocity of the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts