Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum, but I have been lurking for years now. The MKIV has been my dream car ever since i was young (8 years old). Needless to say now that I can afford one, I want one! I am looking for a reliable but powerful set up. The only problem is, that it is far and few between Philadelphia that are in a good condition. I stumbled upon a car close to me. Can you knowledged owners help me out and tell me what you think about a set up like this?
Best e.t.
9.96 @ 137 mph

Horesepwer:
Estimated 900.

Engine
2JZ-GTE
Displacement
3.1 liters
Crower Billet Rods
JE Forget Pistons/SRP Rings
ARP main and head studs
Ported cylinder head
Crower Billet Cams
Fluidyne Radiator
Swain Thermal Coating OF Headers and Turbo manifold
Greddy Blow off Valve

Forced Induction
Innovative T72 (single)
Spearco Front Mount Intercooler

Intercooler
Performance Factory/Spearco air-to-air

Nitrous Oxide
NOS direct port

Fuel System
Paxton pump, Paxton regulator 720cc injectors

Ignition System
Stock

Air Intake
Polished Intake Manifold

Exhaust
Performance Factory cat less exhaust

Boost Control
Turbonetics Racegate wastegate, Turbonetics manual boost controller

Engine Management
Stock ECU, HKS VPC, HKS GCC, Apexi S-AFC(super air flow converter)

Gauges,etc:
Boost Gauge, Greddy Turbo Timer, Auto Meter Pro Shifter Lite

Transmission:
FB Transmission- 4 speed full manual with electronic OD with trans brake. (3 speed full manual valve body with electric over-drive).
Line lock
Transmission cooler
Pro-Torque converter
B&M Shifter.

Suspension
Eiback adjustable springs

Carbon Fiber Driveshaft, Driveshaft loop

Wheels; HRE 543 series
Tires Michelin Pilot Sport 235/40 ZR 18 on front, and 275/35 ZR 18 on rear

Other:
12 point roll cage
TRD Limited slip differential
Momo steering wheel
Simpson NHRA 5 pt harness

·
Registered
839 Posts
is this to be used as a weekend car? daily driver? or drag car? It has a manual valve body which pretty much means its an automatic that you have to shift. Which typically is not as reliable and shift rather rough for daily use. Not to mention aftmkt torque converter with no stall speed specs. If its over 3krpms could definately have over heating problems in traffic. Modifications dont really dictate the reliability of the car. It could have the best of every part and be assembled by a total hack making it a big p.o.s. This car looks to be setup as a somewhat budget drag racing car judging by the transmission setup and the older engine management (all piggy back not standalone)

·
Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
4,584 Posts
Best e.t.
9.96 @ 137 mph

Horesepwer:
Estimated 900.

Fuel System
Paxton pump, Paxton regulator 720cc injectors
Someone is lying.. you can get 900hp out of 720 injectors, you might get 800 with a huge meth system but there is no mention of that. get it checked out, something is fishy.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Someone is lying.. you can get 900hp out of 720 injectors, you might get 800 with a huge meth system but there is no mention of that. get it checked out, something is fishy.
Agree, rough rule-of-thumb for the Supra TT is 1 rwhp per cc of injector size. So 720 cc injectors would be at or close to full duty cycle at 700 rwhp (825 hp crank). You can get more by cranking up the fuel pressure, but 900 rwhp is likely BS. Even if it's correct, that car wouldn't make a very good daily driver. It's set up for track 1/4 mile. Best car for daily driving is either a BPU or small single with enough mods to put it into 400-500 rwhp range on pump gas. Not too laggy and will spin the wheels through 1-2 and sometimes 3rd (60-90 mph) on a six speed. Putting an inexperienced driver behind the wheel of a 900 hp car typically results in either another Supra being totaled, driver totaled or both.

·
Registered
997 Posts
cleary the .1 liter out of the 3.1 gave him that ability...jeez. :eek:

anyway, find a nice stock one on the for sale section and DD that.

·
Proud MKIII Owner
2,407 Posts
This isn't a Supra that is set-up for daily duties. As mentioned above, check the for sale section of the forums for a nice BPU'd car or a nice small singled Supra. Either of those would be well suited for daily driving. Good luck!

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
4,073 Posts
Agree, rough rule-of-thumb for the Supra TT is 1 rwhp per cc of injector size. So 720 cc injectors would be at or close to full duty cycle at 700 rwhp (825 hp crank). You can get more by cranking up the fuel pressure, but 900 rwhp is likely BS. Even if it's correct, that car wouldn't make a very good daily driver. It's set up for track 1/4 mile. Best car for daily driving is either a BPU or small single with enough mods to put it into 400-500 rwhp range on pump gas. Not too laggy and will spin the wheels through 1-2 and sometimes 3rd (60-90 mph) on a six speed. Putting an inexperienced driver behind the wheel of a 900 hp car typically results in either another Supra being totaled, driver totaled or both.
cleary the .1 liter out of the 3.1 gave him that ability...jeez. :eek:

anyway, find a nice stock one on the for sale section and DD that.

You guy obviously missed the part in the original post about the direct port nitrous and no where did it say its got 900rwhp. 900 at the crank would go along with this setup if he was spraying.

Just sayin.

R.K.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was looking in the fs section for a car. None seem local for me. And this car has under 40k miles. It looks like it is in beautiful condition from the pictures. He also said street driving is no problem, it was a dd on the weekends. I

·
Time for change
6,866 Posts
We need to know the fuel pressure and if they are talking about crank or RWHP first.

1,442 Posts
I'm just breaking balls but you can't daily drive a car only on the weekend. That sir is a contradiction...

To stay on topic, that is a fair price for what it is. Tho pics could make or break the deal

·
Old School
4,115 Posts
That isn't my idea of a beginner's Supra. I wouldn't want to DD a high-stalled drag car with a 12 point cage, either.

It may be a great car, but it's been modified in a very one-dimensional way (straight line).

·
Registered
382 Posts
If you are going to DD the car, do a 6spd.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Have you emailed the seller?

can you see the car? Check if the car is out of state and the seller is willing to pay shipping. lol.

post up some pics here. but if it is clean its a good deal.

+1 to everyone else on thinking its around 700ish whp.

·
Blood for Blood
8,321 Posts
^ lol... yea flip that and you will be correct.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The car is in the same state, actually its kind of around the corner... going to take a look at it tomorrow...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts