Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a major delima im looking at. recently my supra Twin Turbo was stolen and totaled. It has 45k on the clock, and the engine is strong. it needs a bumper, fender, top, and paintjob. the problem why it is total is cause the underbody was sliced by a sign that the thief ran over. the insurace company is giving me 25k which is what i payed for the car. and im gonna buy the car back from the insurance company for 2k after they total it. i have a few options what i should do.

i can go out and buy a new Supra Twin Turbo and keep the old one a keep it as a project car and fix it as i go along.

i can find a N/A supra, take my engine out of my wrecked one that is running perfect swap it and use the left over money from the insurance total and put a turbo and tranny upgrade. therefore i would have a single turbo supra and a wrecked N/A.

or i can get the total from the car, sell my wrecked on get around 6-10k out of the wrecked one then find a perfect conditon 6sp or something of that nature.

i do have some questions.

are the only diffrences between the N/A and TT the acutal engine and brakes or are there other things that can make that a headace to do a swap. i would have the computer and everything from my old TT. so i would not need anyparts. the old tt has some front suspension problems from the wreck. so would i have to upgrade that stuff to if i did the swap?

Thanks for reading my post i would appriecate any comments.

Thanks

NAPALM.

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
I say do the n/a gig.. if you can do that then it will pay back itself... you get tt power for insurance on a n/a :) especially if you can buy the thing back at only 2k. Then your car will be payed off and insurance will be low.. yet having money left over to do other major mods.. you will just end up on top in that situation

·
LS WON
1,019 Posts
I would buy the TT and buy your old car as a project. Swapping the TT motor into the NA engine bay will just be the hard way around things.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the swap unless you like projects like that. I just think that would be a lot of work to get the think up and running properly. I personally would either sell the totalled one and get another TT or keep get another tt and keep the totalled one as a project if I had the room.
Tony

·
Useless Member
717 Posts
i would choose door #3,

get the total, sell your wrecked and buy a nice mint 6-speed.

just my preference, but the feeling of a near mint, low mile supra is unmatched. this is the most expensive way and least rational, but also the least amount of work.

btw. what mods did your wrecked one have on it?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Buy your car back and fix it for a fraction of what the insurance company gave you.............if you still want a Supra I can see no reason why you wouldn't go with this route.

Even after it's fixed and for some reason you don't want it you'll be able to sell it at a nice profit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts