1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
iSPOOL
955 Posts
On looks alone Its better but the Z4 dimensions are still too shrunken for me.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Actually the Heritage edition has no fake vents they dremeled everything including the door vents. I stand corrected on the door vents, I totally thought the door vents couldn't be done, but they did it somehow. How usable? Well that's still to be determined but there is something happening....

·
Blue Thunder
3,396 Posts
Actually the Heritage edition has no fake vents they dremeled everything including the door vents. I stand corrected on the door vents, I totally thought the door vents couldn't be done, but they did it somehow. How usable? Well that's still to be determined but there is something happening....
They just dremeled the door vents. Not the chassis side. They still lead to nothing. That door vent/piece is just a stylistic add on to keep the lines going into the hips. To make it FULLY functional, you'd also have to cut into the door jamb/chassis. Reducing the "GREATER THAN LFA" structural integrity.

The vent is just there to break the size of that huge piece of add on plastic.
Like a piece of a Rocket Bunny kit. Nothing more, nothing less.

·
Registered
578 Posts
talk about ruining the label "heritage"

seriously. toyota comes out with this heritage parts program for real toyota supra's. they get us all excited that new oem toyota parts are coming. .... then they use that same "heritage" label on the bmw supra and give us nothing toyota, just updated plastic lights and trim ?

I swear at this rate bmw will be producing the heritage parts for toyota (mk4/3)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was okay with everything till seeing those tails.

A better way to pay homage to the MKIV would be to keep the same tail light design but with MKIV lighting sequence.
What was done here seems forced, for attention... because SEMA.

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,159 Posts
Does the hatch not open?

·
That bearded guy
547 Posts
They just dremeled the door vents. Not the chassis side. They still lead to nothing. That door vent/piece is just a stylistic add on to keep the lines going into the hips. To make it FULLY functional, you'd also have to cut into the door jamb/chassis. Reducing the "GREATER THAN LFA" structural integrity.

The vent is just there to break the size of that huge piece of add on plastic.
Like a piece of a Rocket Bunny kit. Nothing more, nothing less.
Every vent is actually to some degree functional.

Photo credit to darth @ supramkv.com

·
Registered
120 Posts
Tada had to CYA, he was like crap must make them functional lol

Not a fan of the taillights tries too hard to emulate the MKIV, but it doesnt suit those narrow lights.

·
Blue Thunder
3,396 Posts

What a HACK JOB !!! I was kidding about the dremel !!! But it looks like that's what they ACTUALLY did !!! No printing of new vents....just half ass dremel the current ones out!!! Hey BUBBA !!! "Let's leave the uneven cut lines...because CUSTOM" !!! SMDH

I've made far better things with duct tape and gum !!! Would have been better not showing that crap up close !!! LMAO

B

·
supra7
499 Posts
So a rival company BMW is Toyota's heritage now?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts