Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions, i am saving up, hopefully in 3 years, when i'm outta college, i'll get myself a supra, hopefully a 98, i'm in Canada. The first question is i'm setting aside about 8 grand Canadian for performance, or suspension. What should i do, what would you recommend and how fast would the car be, i will be looking for a 6 speed, right now my car is the slowest probably on the market, LOL :D but one day i'll get my revenge on those who have passed me :cool:

I think the supra is my favorite car, nothing quite looks like it, performance wise it's amazing and the sound :eek: .

BTW: what's BPU?
i did a search but didn't work and i don't have too much time gotta go to class.

Sorry for the questions if they're a repost.

Later

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
actually i know what bpu is, basic performance upgrades right?
but what does that consist of, and + ++ what do those add? thanks!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
vtec16 said:
first question is i'm setting aside about 8 grand Canadian for performance, or suspension. What should i do
Later
Most of the people on here couldn't convert American money to Canadian money if you gave them the formula and a calculator :)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe BPU+ adds cam gears and an intercooler to BPU. BPU++ is a whole bunch of stuff with the fuel system and then there's APU. Check out www.mkiv.com for the info. Good luck.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, i completely forgot about mkiv.com, i used to go there a couple of years ago, anyway 8g's would be around 4-5 g's U.S, what would you do, and why! thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
Why not use the money on BPU mods. Kinda obvious! :) Also, maintenance like changing of all fluids, timing belt, brakes, put aside money for clutch/flywheel/pressure plate.

BPU can be done for pretty cheap.

Exhaust---- (from about $500 and up if not custom made for cheap)

Greddy BCC---- ($100, this is used to allow the boost to be turned up)

Down pipe---- (about $250-$300, this takes out both catalytic converters)

Boost controller----($5 for cheapest to $400+ for nice electronic ones, this actually turns the boost up)

Boost gauge---- ($50 for cheapest to $200+ for nice ones)

Then you can add a turbo timer if you don't want to sit with the car and let it cool down. You WILL need a new clutch once you get to BPU, so budget fot that. Then maybe a Front Mount Intercooler (FMIC) for $800 approx and up. You get the idea. :)

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks mervinnn for the info, i appreciate it! Where can i find some pics of supra's nice one's i don't like the ones on mkiv, and what' sites contain body kits and stuff for the car?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts