Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey super nice folks, couple questions!!! Peace and love...

Sooo i just purchsed a veilside style intake, from you know who you are....:)

There are some fitment issues with the brake booster..

Q#1- Soooo what have some of you guys done to make it fit, or what do you suggest i do?? Im in no hurry because i wont be home for months and months..

Q#2- what do you do for a TB? Is there a custom one or what?? Do yu have to weld it on to the mani??

That should be it.......

Josh

·
Registered
488 Posts
...haven't really seen anyone with that style manifold for the 1jz. It would be great though if someone would make one that fits correctly.

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HA...fucking ha..... Hey its shinney and shit,Ill get it to fit wen i come home....

Im the best super saver shopper ever......

My supra only gets the best cheap parts made... No brand names here...... :)Its alternative..

Ya if they made one that fits correctly, i would have to wait till somebody buys it then years later buy it from him...For cheaper..ha..

Anybody use this manifold at all....???

Josh

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
Can't help you, so this post is useless and you can stop reading now, but if you figure something out, I'd like to see what you did cuz I wouldn't mind doing something like that in the future. Good luck man.

-J

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well ive been thinking and a couple of other folks suggested it.......

Maybe ill have a good welder cut the runners about 1/2 in and re weld them on..There we go..bammmmm..No more brake booster issue, but what about the throttelbody..

I guess i look too the mkiv guys......They seem to put more aftermarket intake manifold on there 2jz...

I also run a PFC so tunning with it on shouldnt be an issue...

Anybody know what size TB the stock 1j has?? In MM??

Josh

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yea..... don't worry, theres no problem with purchasing some things that are less expensive when the alternative is just the same.
:)

good luck on the I.M. please post pics when you have it mounted.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
yea cut the runners by 1/2"-1"

as for the TB i would say a q45 tb or an accufab tb.. i've seen those used before..

·
Engine Geek
359 Posts
they are setup well to use the q45 throttle body like the 7m ffim guys do. find or make a flange and weld the thing on. as for the clearance issues i wanted to try and take it to a machine shop and have them cut it down a bit on the surfacer... dont think they could take enough off that way, but if you then do the same on both sides of the lower manifold it might work witout any real fabbing. get out the tapemeasure!

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
talk to jp importz, he had the same problems. flange had to be cut and modified plus some other B.S. good luck. lesson learned about cheap parts. you get what you pay for.

·
2,275 Posts
I thought the veilside style intakes only fit the rhd model supra not the us model?

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2jzMK3 said:
talk to jp importz, he had the same problems. flange had to be cut and modified plus some other B.S. good luck. lesson learned about cheap parts. you get what you pay for.

Ok sooo where the hell do you get a intake manifold that is not stock, that fits the "right way" without mods.. is it like $1500.00???

Please let me know if you can get one.....Thats not cheap...

I was just looking for ideas guy, i thought maybe somebody has used this ebay one before...

I can just cut the runners and weld a flange on for the TB...

To easy.....

Thanks guys!!!

Josh

·
HMOOB VWJ NYOB MINNESOTA
1,352 Posts
By the time you are done fixing it, it will look and perform worse than the stock mani.

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it will only be a $300 loss then, it will look cool on my wall or ill make a bong out of and seell it to some high school kid....

Seriously..alll i plan on doing is making the runners prob. less than a half inch. or whatever shorter..How is going to look worse and not make the same amount of power.....

As far as it making more HP...Thats not my concern, its more of a good looking peice like a decoration to clean it up...

If i doesnt work ohhh well.....

Josh

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
Nice title... if you want help, use a title thats better then that crap you posted... aight peace :chicken:

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
BoostAddctn said:
Nice title... if you want help, use a title thats better then that crap you posted... aight peace :chicken:

Well i didnt mean to offend you sensitive type's........It was a fucking joke, get over it..So you would offer me the golden advice if i said (Hey hommies i need some intake advice yo, word up money aight peace) WTF is that....
That is sooo much more mature and grown up, isnt it...

Im sory it wasnt in ebonics for ya dog!

Im just going to figure it out on my own then..

Thanks to the people that could look beyond the tittle and take a joke....

The others i think i hear the wambulace comming for ya....

Erase this thread then...
Ill tone down the language for you emotionall people...

Ohhh and the stiffler comment thats funny, that actor grew up like 25 miles from me..weird....I didnt know that caracter had is own language..

Josh

·
Registered
488 Posts
ranger2339 said:
Sooo i just purchsed a veilside style intake, from you know who you are....:)

There are some fitment issues with the brake booster..

Q#1- Soooo what have some of you guys done to make it fit, or what do you suggest i do?? Im in no hurry because i wont be home for months and months..

Q#2- what do you do for a TB? Is there a custom one or what?? Do yu have to weld it on to the mani??

That should be it.......

Josh

I really don't think it was your lack of "ebonics" more of how you came off...
"that should be it" .... LOL c'mon these people don't work for you :)

reguardless, I think you did get some good info. out of your thread. ^^^ :bigthumb:

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
ranger2339 said:
Well i didnt mean to offend you sensitive type's........It was a fucking joke, get over it..So you would offer me the golden advice if i said (Hey hommies i need some intake advice yo, word up money aight peace) WTF is that....
That is sooo much more mature and grown up, isnt it...

Im sory it wasnt in ebonics for ya dog!

Im just going to figure it out on my own then..

Thanks to the people that could look beyond the tittle and take a joke....

The others i think i hear the wambulace comming for ya....

Erase this thread then...
Ill tone down the language for you emotionall people...

Ohhh and the stiffler comment thats funny, that actor grew up like 25 miles from me..weird....I didnt know that caracter had is own language..

Josh
I dont' think he meant he could not understand your title. Most people click on threads according to their titles and that is just a smarter way to post if you want more responses.
I don't think you want to get into ebonics with boost...aaight peace.

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok im an asshole i know it..

Seriously..sorry if i offended anybody ive just been stessed out latley, its not to fucking fun here...You guys get to go race around and see your cars and im jealous.....:) I want my supra..Dam it....

Ill be nicer..

I did get 217 of you cocksuckers to read it though..ha ha jk.. Joke joke...

Thanks for th egood info and the help guys..

Ill let ya know what happens...

Ill do some dyno runs with the stock one then swap and run the veilside set up..Well see if there is any difference...

Can i change the thread tittle to (your all hommo's) JK again..:)

Josh

1 - 20 of 33 Posts