Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seeing if you can get the two greddy 4 row top black "S" shaped hangers. They are the ones that attach to the top of the 4 row core into the screwed permanant holes if you know what i am talking about.. Mine didnt come with any :(

Thanks
Tony

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Not a quick answer though...

I'm working with Greddy USA to see if we can get these, give us a few days please.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
V8 Killer said:
Not a quick answer though...

I'm working with Greddy USA to see if we can get these, give us a few days please.

Thanks,

Dusty

Ok awesome...just let me know as soon as you hear something.

Thanks
Tony

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
As of today Quincy at Greddy has no answer from Japan yet. I guess 3 weeks hasn't been long enough. :(

He said he will bother them tonight with an email and see what the problem is...sorry.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Premium Member
6,637 Posts
i would just have them made bro, from greddy you will be looking at about 4-5 weeks from japan. it would be earier for you to jsut have some local welder make you the brackets for like $35-40..

but im sure dusty can order them for you as well if you rather get the greddy ones, but if it was me i wouls have them made instead of waiting. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Strange coincidence, I just bought a 4 row also and it didn't come w/ any either and all packages were sealed. I can't use them anyway though, the tabs on front of my car that they go to were ripped off by the previous owner letting the blitz ic hang from them :rant:Incidentally I called Greddy USA and asked if I could get instructions for my Q45 TPS adapter that are in English and they gave me the 3rd degree, saying I had to mail or fax them a copy of the invoice. Really easy people to deal with and great product support, is it really that much to ask for to get instructions in English?

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Greddy asks you for an invoice for you to prove you bought it from an Authorized Dealer. Most all manufacturers do this before giving you warranty or support. That is why I keep telling everyone it really is important to buy your products from an AUTHORIZED DEALER even if its a few dollars more.

Regards,

Dusty

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
Dusty I know this is off topic and if need be you can PM me back.
You say they want to make sure you bought from an Auth Dealer. I can understand that with say returning an item for warranty. But If I bought my Greddy product from Company X and John bought his from an Authorized Dealer. Does the product still not come from Greddy? I mean even with the warranty they still made X dollars from company X. Or would company X be selling me a Greddy like (fake greddy) product?

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
I don't follow your entire line of questioning, could you phrase it differently?

And YES we have had FAKE products I have seen with my own eyes. I have seen personally:
Fake Veilside body kit, even had "Veilside" stamped in the kit like Veilside does.
Fake HKS BOV's
Fake Greddy BOV's
Fake Blitz BOV's (apparenlty BOV copying is popular)
Fake Tial BOV's
Fake Tial W/G's
Fake HKS exhaust manifold
Fake Veilside intake manifold
Poorly faked Defi BF gauge
Fake TRD Tach - came from Canada oddly enough
Fake Blitz Turbo Timers
Fake Brembo rotors 100 times over...none of them faked correctly though...this is probably the number 1 fake I have seen
Fake Greddy 3-row FMIC from Australia
Fake Volk wheels (2 different models I've seen now, and I've seen pictures of 2 other models)
And I am sure there has been more, the above is completely off the top of my head of fake products I have put my actual hands on. When I say fake I do not mean they copied it and said "HERE IS A COPY" ... I mean they put it in a fake manufacturer's box, sometimes included a copy of the manufacturer's instructions, etc...they went to real lengths to make it appear genuine. Very illegal but happens all the time.

On here there was a discussion about fake Apex Turbo Timers.

The selling of fake inferior products has been getting worse in the 7 years I've been doing this. I can not imagine it getting better any time soon.

Sometimes a reseller does not even know he is shipping fake products. He orders it from Company X and X ships a fake direct to the end user customer. So the only way a company can be assured they are getting the real stuff is to buy from a trusted Authorized Dealer or direct from the manufacturer. The only way an end-user consumer can be assured they are getting the real stuff is to buy from an Authorized Dealer.

Regards,

Dusty

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
You basically answered it.
My main question was - Is the reason they want an invoice from an Authorized Dealer to prove that it isn't a fake product.
I didn't know if there was another reason behind them wanting a receipt. I know most companies want a receipt if for nothing else to prove that you didn't steal the item.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Although I am not speaking for all companies, most companies want a receipt to prove that you purchased it from an Authorized Dealer. Only then do they offer support and warranty services.

Regards,

Dusty

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
V8 Killer said:
Greddy asks you for an invoice for you to prove you bought it from an Authorized Dealer. Most all manufacturers do this before giving you warranty or support. That is why I keep telling everyone it really is important to buy your products from an AUTHORIZED DEALER even if its a few dollars more.

Regards,

Dusty
I did not post to complain about having to fax an invoice to greddy to prove I bought it from an authorized dealer(I did), I posted to point out greddy's lackluster customer service/incomplete products. Both mine and Silver Bullet's intercoolers came without these critical mounting brackets, and I get a greddy part w/ instructions in japanese and they act like they're doing me the biggest favor in the world by getting me english instructions. Apparently you're having problems getting a response on this bracket matter and you're probably one of the biggest dealers in the US. What does that have to say for Greddy's customer support?

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
I am fully aware why you posted. I was simply pointing out some things, not responding to you directly. Note that I did not quote you in my response.

Greddy's customer service IS lackluster, I completely agree. The only people over there that are helpful are Quincy, Charles, and Ted (who is fairly new but tries really hard). Everyone else is completely useless. They are understaffed and Trust Japan is too cheap to hire anyone.

FACT: Greddy USA sells more per month than HKS USA, if you excluse HKS's manufacturing division that makes parts for other companies (like the TRD Celica exhaust for a random example)
FACT: Greddy USA has LESS THAN HALF the number of employees as HKS USA.

I have never pushed Greddy as a company because they are generally clueless on how to support their dealers, much less the dealers' customers. HKS, Blitz, RPS, and many other companies are of much higher class when it comes to customer service than Greddy, and Greddy has been around longer than almost all of them.

Regards,

Dusty

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Dusty I have a question. Are these incidences your seeing from Greddy and the missing brackets happening on all, some, or a few of these intercoolers? I wanted to purchase one but would need to get it installed ASAP so waiting for a month for a bracket is not acceptable. Just wondering if this is more of an isolated incident or a wide spread one. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Silver Bullet I *THINK* bought his used.

I have never heard of this except from these 2 guys posted here. I do not think it is an epidemic or anything of the such. If you purchase a 4-row from me I will be happy to open it up and check before I ship to you.

Kind regards,

Dusty

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
V8 Killer said:
Silver Bullet I *THINK* bought his used.

I have never heard of this except from these 2 guys posted here. I do not think it is an epidemic or anything of the such. If you purchase a 4-row from me I will be happy to open it up and check before I ship to you.

Kind regards,

Dusty

Hey Dusty....I bought it new....from a non-sponsor of forums.....so not sure if i can name them, but he has sponsored texas events and what not....but Greg at Injected Performance. He was looking into it as well....but also tried you ,as you might have more info and maybe could get an answer sooner then later, and i trust you as well as him and have always dealt with me perfectly in the past. I may end up having them made as someone else said...but wanted to try Greddy first and see if in stock or timeframe and price of course. Dusty, did they say how long to get once ordered?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts