Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Boosted NA
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it has 155k miles on it, if it has been freeway driven and well maintained do u think it can last awhile? It has 18" rims , a system and a WW front Lip, do u think its worth 12 -12.5k

thanks a lot, Nick

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
Tough call - I don't think it is "worth" that much, but the way the market is, I don't doubt for a second that it will be sold for that. I got my 97 N/A with 60k for $14k. It was a theft recovery so it had a salvage title, but no accidents and VERY good shape...

If it is in good condition, go for it. You could put a new engine in for $3000 including labor if you had to...

E

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I agree with Frankenstein, if the motor goes out, you can get a new or rebuilt one on the cheap (probably less than the $3k he says though... I've seen 2JZ-GTE's for less than that!)

Another nice thing to remember is that the 2JZ-GE's are still used in current Lexus models! So the engine has a lot of future still.

And another thing to remember... Toyota knows how to build an engine! The last Supra I had, an 1985 NA, had nearly 300K miles on it when I sold it to get my current 1995 model, and that old MKII was still running STRONG!

I'd say go for it. Try to talk the guy down in price of course... but if the car's in good condition, straight frame, etc... get it.

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
I agree, try to work the owner down. Have you test driven it? A fresh, Japanese spec engine swap could be a good investment if you plan to keep the car. Check www.toysport.com engine notes. You might be able to get a vvTi unit! :cool:

·
Boosted NA
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i test drove it.

it was nice i like it a lot, i just found out it has a salvage title because of theft recovery and i dont know if i can get full coverage on it??? I think i am gonna buy it for 11,500 what do u think?

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Somebody posted a Carfax request for a VIN & got response from a member. Why not rty it with this one? If the theft recovery is the only reason for the salvage title, you might have something there:) The insurance is another story though:( So what. If the car is otherwise sound, drve a bitchin' ride & be covered to protect yourself! :D

·
0 Posts
Was my 1990 NA Supra worth 4,400? Is that a good price for it, it had like 140k some miles and the headgasket was bad but he bought the part (around $300) and I onlyl paid $100 for labor.

·
Registered
296 Posts
i tell u want. You tell the owner that you are looking for an TT not na and work with him.

I am sure you can get in the 10 range. if more, i do not think it's worth it at all.

·
Boosted NA
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok i think i am gonna buy a '94 with...

all options, 117k miles, clean title for 12,500 what do u think? he works as a toyota mechanic so everything is in great condition!

·
1,057 Posts
One thing to remember.... if you need a loan the bank will make you have full coverage. If you cannot get full coverage b/c of salvage, you might not get a loan that is if you need a loan

·
Boosted NA
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i bought the car this evening...

its sick! yeah i didnt need a loan I have money from selling my car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts