Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To cut down on the trolls that post worthless information and get 95% of the flame wars going why not make it hard to log on line.

Also if we could do away with this problem the rest of that own a supra and want to post will not get the " Must wait 120 seconds to reply" sorry surver over loaded, to busy try later stuff.

Anyway I think that if you want to post on the forums, you need to post a vin number. NO VIN... NO LOG on. Granted there are a few that have moved on that you still want to let post, but for the most part everyone that has A supra is still on line. Toyota made what 11,240 supra and we have 59,634 members registered to post. that is um... what 48,444.00 trolls.... granted not all are trolls but you get the idea.

I just figured if this was put into place it would go to the way it was a few years ago. Eveyone sorta knew the other person, no one got ripped off, well not as much as the do now.

Anyway im sure no one will read this so i probaby just wasted my time and more band width typing this out.

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
KERR said:
Toyota made what 11,240 supra and we have 59,634 members registered to post. that is um... what 48,444.00 trolls.... granted not all are trolls but you get the idea.

You are forgetting the MKI, MKII, and MKIII. There were 100,000's Supras made, you are only thinking of the MKIV.

Most of those accounts probably aren't even being used right now, and some people made duplicate accounts because they forgot their SN or password.

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
Cool then everybody can go to Autotrader and get Supra vins...

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes they could but if the vin was already registered to say jo blow and then the car was put on e bay the compter should reject it.

or you could always register you name and pasword. before you could post you had to show proof of the car, buy using insurance paper work or a copy of you title, or registration. take a hole 2 minutes. to take a picture of paper work and send a e mail.

For example my name KERR, then have a copy of my insurace, or tile or registration. Shawn Kerr 1993 Toyota supra turbo.

also you can black out the address and city if that kind of stuff bothers you.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
Kerr, I agree that something should be done but the VIN idea would be a ton of work to figure out for the admins/mods.

For now I'm just trying to do my part by asking people not to post useless question threads or posting something that should have been searched for 1st.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
half the questions on the board can be searched for. Im a relative noob to some here only being aroudn for a little over 3 months and even I have seen the same topic posted six or seven timed. I see why some of the older members get pissed about reposts. They have probably seen the same topic thousands of times. I say you should have it on a trial basis tho. Have someone be a member for say about 100 or so posts and if they seem like a troll get rid of their ip. I know of several members on here that dont have Supras but love them and dont troll around like idiots as I myself am one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.