Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What part of seattle do you live in? I was cruisin, and saw a red MK2 that looked sweet. was that you? And do you ever go to the street races? A friend of mine in a red stock civic said that he raced 2 mk2s a while back.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I used to live in West Seattle but for sometime I've lived in Auburn. Most of the time I hang around Auburn/Federal Way area... Doubt it was me you saw. :) The car has been parked for the last few months due to the HC and fuel system gremlins. Ahhh, the races... :D Are you refering to the Tukwilla/Kent races? :) I've raced a TON of Hondas around here. Some are pretty fast but never lost once with the 7m. I haven't gone down there in years and might be getting a tad old for that crowd. :) Back in the late '80s and early '90s I used to race my highly modified VW Scirocco and GTI. :D Maybe some day I'll go check the races out when I'm happy with my car. :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice. I suppose I'm at that age when racing is GREAT! God, late 80's I wasn't even old enough to DRIVE!
Yeah, the Kent races are the ones. I haven't raced in them yet, cause my guardian angel keeps an eye over me. One night blew a spark plug (no spares), other night busted a seal, another night it rained....so, I still only race locally. (kitsap penninsula) But I'm up there once in a while.
But not until I get my clutch, tranny, and suspension done. blehh.....

I was cursious cause (check this out) my friend at work, stock 1.5 liter civic with intake and exaust, claims to have beaten multiple TURBO supras, and beaten a guy who runs a 13.8 quarter multiple times. ON heavy assed 15" rims to boot!

I raced him on the freeway with my lightly modded NA 82 and whooped his sorry ass! Am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
EHhe, yah Supras are great on the freeway. There's a guy around here who has a early '90s CRX with some kinda engine swap and type-R cams, blah, blah... I raced him 2 times and ran away from him by 2 car lenths in both 2nd and 3rd. He said his car ran a 13.8 at SIR. One Civic I ran into was quite fast. On the freeway I was just slowly creeping away from him in 4th and 5th @ 10 psi. He's seemed pretty shocked after ward when he cought back up and wouldn't even look over, haha. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts