Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Back to Action!
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my head and block back from the shop. In machining they took of .012 inches. I plan on going with ARP Studs and an HKS gasket. I just need to know whether I need a 1.2mm or 2.0mm hg.

So which is it? (as I've got no clue).

·
Back to Action!
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so now I've done the search and found some more information. But I'm still unsure.

If the stock gasket was 1.2mm and I took off 0.012" (~.3mm) that's a 1.5mm gasket that I want (thanks to ma71supraturbo for the numbers).

Now the Greddy 1.55mm has a bore of 85mm and the HKS 1.2mm has a bore of 86mm (according to mvpmotorsports).

So other than the obvious 1mm between the two, whats the difference?

R

·
0 Posts
I actually have the same question about the head gasket. on a stock block and head what size head gasket should I get?

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
you should have told the machine shop about your head gasket, they will mill the head off to match the gasket size to keep the compression right.

they will do it right if you had the gasket with them but since u already got the specs. you should be ok.

get the greddy 1.55 since its the one you needed. not the 1.2 it will raise the compression a tad bit

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
the difference between those two .. the compression will be more higher if used a thinner gasket. lowers the compression if thicker gasket..

3,796 Posts
The 1.2 will RAISE compression a little but no big deal. Go with the HK$ 1.2mm...they're usually a little cheaper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts