Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Does anyone have some input on a recommended high flow cat? I see PHR has the Random Tech unit and pipe. ANy other options/ better prices to be found?

Thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
i think random tech is overpriced- look at some domestics magazines, super chevy or something dumb like that. get the job done cheap. places like catco sell them, you could just hollow the stock one.

C

·
0 Posts
anyone have the Random Tech High flow cat.

Please share your experiences with us. Is there a noticable difference in HP? Low Rpms or high? Thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have the RT high flow cat, but I cannot say that the cat gave me such and such hp or noticeable gain. See i did the entire exhaust system at the same time, RT DP, High flow cat and GT spec cat back. All of em coupled together made a very noticeable difference. These three worked miracles for my car, the thing felt much faster. The cat is a very nice unit, but I agree that its too expensive. I doubt my car will pass inspection anyway with this HF cat, so a test pipe would be a good (cheaper) alternative, but then u need to worry about the visual inspection.
Am i rambling too much, I think so.... :D

F

·
0 Posts
I put a Random Tech downpipe on a few years ago (I think I was actually their second customer). I didn't do a before-and-after dyno, but it was the only change I made at the time. I already had an aftermarket exhaust, and I think it did make an improvement in performance. It was nothing a significant as changing out the stock exhaust or putting on a boost controller, but it did help across the rev range. Probably the best part though, was that it really helped out the sound. I was kinda surprised, but it really made it more throaty than with the stock cats. Also, I've had absolutely no problems with emissions. We have both visual and output checks where I live, and it burns as clean with the RT as it did with stock. They ain't cheap, but I'm glad I did it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts