Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months back I installed 6000K Phillip HIDs I bought during the group buy. I have had no problems with the system until 3 days ago. I'm leaving work and I notice in the reflection ahead of me on a pickup truck that my passenger headlight is on. I check my headlight switch but it is off. Weird...I'm thinking. So I turn my headlight switch on and off and both headlights go off. Thinking is was just a strange occurence I think nothing more of it. I go home and park the Supra in the garage. When I go back in for something 4 hrs later I notice the same headlight is on. So I turn the headlights on and off again and they both go off. Then it happened to me last night again. I checked my headlight at midnight before going to bed and they were both off (car had been sitting for 5 hrs). When I wake up this morning the passenger headlight is on. I could barely start the car to go to work. Someone please help.

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
if seen it happen when a relay gets wet at 1 point and then latches randomly. rust builds up in it and makes the contacts touch. r&r the relays .

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
like stated its the relay replace and relocate just in case.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lilmatty96 said:
relays may have gotten wet. same thing happened to me

Bingo!!!!!!!!!! you were right. I have no idea how it got filled with water either.
Seems like a lot of people are having this problem. I got my HIDs from RWMOTORSPORTS.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't find the same relay switch in the auto stores. Does anyone know where I can find the relay switch included with the RWMOTORSPORT Phillips HID system?
Ryan from rwmotorsports won't answer his email so I'm stuck with no headlights until I can find the relay switch.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Help......can't find the same relay...crap

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Song Chuan Relay Switch
804-1A-C1
12 VDC