Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered my HIDs like 2-3 weeks ago, i told them i need 9006 for my low beams... i got 9005's which would be my high beams. Can i put the 9005's in for my low beams so i dont have to send them back and wait for the new ones?? or am i better off sending them back?

has anyone put 9005s in there low beams?

there 8ks too...

Thanks
Geno

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what i figured... i was just seeing if anyone has put the 9005s in the low beams spot, how and if it worked out...

Geno~

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Honestly, I would not put 9005 HID bulbs into my 9006 projector housings. The 9006 bulbs were designed for a specific housing. Everything from the depth of th bulb, to the way it sits in the projector housing will effect the light output.

This is the basic pricnicipal of why people do HID retrofits in their cars. You can not just put a bulb into a projector because it fits and think it is optimal. If you don't want to do a retrofit then atleast get the 9006 bulbs that are made for the projectors. Just my $.02

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly, I would not put 9005 HID bulbs into my 9006 projector housings. The 9006 bulbs were designed for a specific housing. Everything from the depth of th bulb, to the way it sits in the projector housing will effect the light output.

This is the basic pricnicipal of why people do HID retrofits in their cars. You can not just put a bulb into a projector because it fits and think it is optimal. If you don't want to do a retrofit then atleast get the 9006 bulbs that are made for the projectors. Just my $.02

yeah thats what i thought... i coulda sworn i told the guy 9006... what are ya gunna do, ill just send them back and wait. im not looking to ghetto rig shit on here, just simply seeing if it would work.

·
11,221 Posts
Actually because the Supra uses projector housings, it doesn't matter that you are using 9005. I used to run 9005 Silverstars before I had HIDs.

Unlike normal cars the bulbs on the Supra aren't exactly exposed to incoming traffic. It's filtered out by the projector lense anyways...

·
Banned
604 Posts
youll prob start burning up wires get the right ones!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts