Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, this shop just made a new relay wire for my hid because my car had auto lights on, cuz of this feature my hid would turn on when the car was started and the passenger light would flash a bunch of times and eventually die, now everything is perfect, the only problem is that when the car is off and the hid are on they stay on, they dont turn off like they used to before, i have to turn them off manually and i hate it because sometimes i forget, is there a wire that takes care of this issue and makes the lights turn off when ignition is off?

·
Registered
17 Posts
did your car's headlights turn off by themselves before the HID kit was installed?

if the shop did what they're supposed to do, they should have used your headlight plug as a trigger to connect or disconnect power to your ballasts.

here is a sample wire harness:

More info here: http://www.mobilehid.com

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my supra used to turn the lights on when ignition was on, lights off when ignition is off, the guy just put some wires going from the light switch wires on the steering wheel to the hids and another going to the battery positive with a little box. now the hids turn on and off whenever i want, the problem is they stay on if i forget to turn them off, i forgot once and it took the battery. i want to know if i can kill the lights as soon as i take the keys out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts