Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well about a year ago i got the euro glass headlights on my 94tt. then a few months after that i bought the everbright HID kit with 4300K. well it worked fine for a few months. then after first rain it did somewierd things. then only the passenger side would work and not the driver side. so last week i ordered a set of 6000K bulbs for the kit. i installed them yesterday and they worked fine. then the mionute i put my car into reverse the driver side went out and only the passenger side worked. so hoping it was a fluke incident, i turned off my headlights, and when i turned them back on a second later neither of them worked. ive checked all the connections, and due to the fact that they worked fine when i put them in, i know they are getting power and are working. i just want to know if anyone notices that im missing anything or something i should be looking for that i havent discussed. thanks.

jason
94TT BPU

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
See if the bulbs themselves are getting power to them. If the ballast is getting power, then the ballast is probably the culprit. Also check your ground to make sure its good.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry. forgot to list the things i have checked. i check both the RH and LH fuses and both are fine. but here the odd thing. i hooked up one of my old 4300K lights and it worked. but when i started driving the car it stopped working as well?? so everything is getting power. where do i start to look for a bad ground??

·
*SNICKER SNICKER*
725 Posts
Which kit did you get?
What brand are the ballast?
Have you tried to swap the blubs (left to right, and right to left) to see if the problem moves?
Are you 100% positive that the wiring is correct, and that the ballast and are securely mounted?
Do both sets of blubs appear to be the same color when they are working?

I had a blub go in my Camry's hid kit, luckly it was still under warranty so they had to send me a new one (this was like over 3 years ago), and it was not easy getting them to replace it, but they finally did after 5 months of fighting with the retailer I bought the HID's from (only after I called the manufacturer, HIDplus, and they contacted the retailer). The bulb that failed, did so on a COLD night, the temp out was around 25 degrees IIRC.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they are the cebt/everbright hid kit. the same kit jeff watson sells. i contacted him about the bulbs when i ordered my new ones and hes gave me the number of his guy that he got them from. so tomarrow im going to call the HID guy that i got the new bulbs from. i dont know what brand ecacly the ballasts are. just the ones that came with the kit.
for brand new bulbs is their a warm up period i should have put them through? and someone on here was saying my ground might be back. how do i check my ground?
and all the connections are fine and i have tried swapping bulbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts