Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now that my I have my car done 98% of the way that I wanted it
HKS - single turbo/4 row IC/injectors/Vpro/suspension plus the new RCTS blue printed motor/brakes/rims/tires/brakes/paint/stereo I had it appraised.
The REPLACEMENT value comes in at over 3 times what the current insurance company covers the car for so I'm looking for another insurance company that will cover my car for more than it's Blue Book value

Any high end supras out there that could recommend a company. I had a chat today with Hagerty but I did not meet the mileage requirement They wanted me to drive it less than 3000 miles per year .....Ya right

Any referrals appreciated

Thanks

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
i worked for farmers insurance group for a little bit, and they do offer a customized value. contact an agent and see if they can help you

·
Registered
873 Posts
I work in the State Farm Total Loss department and we use Nada or ACV (actual cash value). So when nada comes in at 18-27k for our cars dependant upon age and that of course is way too low, we would search the market for some kind of comparable vehicle. ALL maintenance records will be needed for your car. Then when we/you cannot find any comparables we would go to an appraiser. If you already have an appraisal completed then that process would be faster,smoother,easier.

I know that State Farm doesnt offer any kind of antique of classic policy as Supra's are not old enough to qualify yet. To get a Stated Value policy (using an appraisal) the vehicle needs to be 30+ years old.

·
Boost Creep
3,489 Posts
Hagerty insurance, Apraised value.

·
BoostLee
96 Posts
i just applied to grundy and they denied me, they said my car wasn't a show car, and it wasn't a collector car. screw them, waste of time waiting for their response.

·
Registered
676 Posts
A word of advice with Hagerty Insurance. I tried to be honest with them; I told them that I would occasionally go down the dragstrip a few times a year. I was denied for being honest.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have had Haggerty insurance for about 3 years now and can't complain one bit. I only drive my car 1000 miles or so though. They insured both my Supra and even my 98 Mustang and it is very cheap. Their customer service is first class as I have needed a tow twice and each time I call they are responsive and very customer friendly. I pay an extra 85 bucks a year and get free towing up to 125 miles and/or lockout/gas service.

·
Registered
980 Posts
My Supra is insured through Rally as a classic.

As such, it was insured for $47K and goes up 2% each policy period. It's now insured for $49k.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have Farmers. I wrecked my Supra last year. Hit a phone pole when a Beemer pulled out in front of me. They put 30k into the car. Minimal increase to my premium. The appraiser gave me some great advice: Take pictures of the car from every angle you can inside and out. Develop/print the pictures. Put them in an envelope and mail them to yourself. DO NOT open them when you get them. If you have a claim take the pictures along with your appraisal to your lawyer. You then have time stamped and sealed documentation of the car with aftermarket improvements.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I have had Haggerty insurance for about 3 years now and can't complain one bit. I only drive my car 1000 miles or so though. They insured both my Supra and even my 98 Mustang and it is very cheap. Their customer service is first class as I have needed a tow twice and each time I call they are responsive and very customer friendly. I pay an extra 85 bucks a year and get free towing up to 125 miles and/or lockout/gas service.
Haggerty sucks. If they are aware of your car pushing over 550hp they will drop your policy immediately. I told them about mysetup they were nice until i told them the hp range then they said, "definately not" Then went into, "if any supra owner is pushing that kind of hp and has a policy with us we'd drop them immediately."

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
Allstate. Stated Value. You tell them a value, they charge you accordingly... At least that's what they did for me.

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
This topic has been discussed to no end.

Save yourself the hassle and go with what was concluded in the past... I posted the link to a very LONG and detailed discussion on my extremely positive experience with Rally... including a car accident and subsequent coverage even though I wasn't "driving to or from a car show" as most people believe Rally's coverage is good for.

All the questions you're all throwing around, the belief that State Farm is best (expensive). My monthly coverage with Rally came out to about 15% of what I paid State Farm for full coverage monthly - and my repair shop, a TOP QUALITY, State Farm Prefered Service First Shop said dealing with Rally and getting parts paid for was actually LOTS easier than dealing with State Farm.

Go to the link I posted above, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I tried Hagerty first. They choked on the appraise value = $83,500.00
I gave them FULL disclosure too that I may exceed the 3000 miles per year.
They dropped my application like it was radioactive.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I figure I'll update here instead of starting a new thread.

Grundy allowed me to open a 25,000 policy through them for $381 a year. Basically you don't have to show proof of having a daily driver and most importantly there is no mileage restriction. I tried to get a policy for 40,000, as I am going apu in a few months, but for my particular car, as it sits, they can only offer 25,000. With an appraisal, they told me it wont be a problem increasing the policy amount.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts