Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Supra OG
2,772 Posts
I can't tell you how much it will affect your HP, but when I used mine for DEQ testing it didn't seem very restrictive at all. I have a random tech 3" high flow for sale at http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526972
The only reason I am selling is that I had another mid-pipe fabbed with 2 of the cat converters this year. I easily passed DEQ with this new setup.

· Registered
508 Posts
why not just go straight pipe
haha way to be helpful

To the OP
Are you sure the gas smell isn't from your catchcan breather/ valve cover breathers? Thats where my smell was coming from, i ran the breather tube under the car and now, no more gas smell.

If the smell is due to your exhaust, yea a cat will help. I've got a Random Tech 3" (the Racing one) and so far haven't found it to be restrictive AT ALL. If i were you i'd look into that 4" Random Tech that was mentioned above, or get a 3" if your at ... umm i dunno ~<550whp? Basically, i've been totally happy with my 3" on my 410whp boosted 2jz.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha way to be helpful

To the OP
Are you sure the gas smell isn't from your catchcan breather/ valve cover breathers? Thats where my smell was coming from, i ran the breather tube under the car and now, no more gas smell.

If the smell is due to your exhaust, yea a cat will help. I've got a Random Tech 3" (the Racing one) and so far haven't found it to be restrictive AT ALL. If i were you i'd look into that 4" Random Tech that was mentioned above, or get a 3" if your at ... umm i dunno ~<550whp? Basically, i've been totally happy with my 3" on my 410whp boosted 2jz.
the smell is only on the outside behind the car...i have alittle bit on fuel smell since i have a fuel return system but i'm running alittle rich due to the AEM liking to be at 12.8afr so i smell unburnt fuel coming from my exhaust...i kinda want something like stock where you cant smell anything...

thanks for your advice i'll look into it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.