Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into buying a Supra TT. I've found a 94 with 81k miles but am concerned with the reliability. I've searched and did my "new person" research. How much does it cost to rebuild/replace the engine/turbos. I don't plan on modding it that much, considering most of the money will be going to pay for the car. I need a car to be reliable, and from what i've read they seem to be pretty good. I take very good care of my cars. I use to drive an Integra Type R, which was stolen awhile back. Maintence and care by the owner is not an issue with me. What advice can you give me?

Chris

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my car has just over 120k miles on it, and the only mechanical failure i have had is a rear wheel bearing. *lets all cross our fingers* its basically all about who had the car before you and if they took care of it or not. obviously adding mods will deteriorate the life of the engine and turbos, but if done right, it will last. my car was stock til about 80k miles, then i started modding the hell out of it, and it has held together quite nice. i also remember seeing a thread somewhere on this board a while ago with a few bpu and bpu++ cars with over 150k miles on them with stock turbos and such, and they were still pulling great #'s. its all about how the car has been maintained......

later

·
Registered
192 Posts
Got mine 94TT auto at 40k, now at 108k still stock. engineer and turbos are still as good as the day I got it. Not a thing wrong with it. Although the suspension seems to be softened. Anyone have suggestions on what to get. I mostly do freeway driving and like the comfort.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts